none
How to Configure VMware Network between virtual machines For Windows 7 Config

Question

• Hello Guys;
    Im a new MCITP student. I'm just fresh out of college without that much experience on field. Here i'm trying to set up my practical lab on VMware. I've already installed virtual Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. Now I'm seeking for assistance on how to configure them to see each other, should i use NAT, Bridge or what type of connection? And, is it necessary to configure IP manually to the VMs? If necessary, how should i do it?

How should I make guest VMs and Host talk to each other without connecting them to the switch or hub? Im using a wireless internet, modem or no internet at all sometimes; Cant they talk to each other without internet, switch/hub?
    Would you please help me out how to config them. Should I assign my Domain Controller as DHCP? Do i need to assign things like DNS server and default gateway on all 3 mashines i.e Host, Virtual 2008 R2 and Virtual W7?
    If you wont mind, would you please assist me with the example on how I should do this?

Regards!!      

Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:32 AM

All replies

• You will hit two birds by one shot if you use Hyper-V. For VMware and faster response, visit VMware support forum:  http://communities.vmware.com/index.jspa

You have a lot of task that would need a long response. try to divide your task in smaller chunks

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Thanks for understanding

Milos

Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:08 AM
  • Thanks Milos I understand, i'm going to post in vmware communities.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:27 PM
  • Hi,

The suitable support forum for this issue should be Vmware support forum. Contact their Tech should be a better choice.

Regards.

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 23, 2012 9:47 AM
  • it is simple poster.check the vmware settings and edit the network card settings.select the local area one or 8 as your connection.u then need to log on to the machines and configure the ip adresses to be on the sdame subnet.u dont need to use a switch,or modem or even hyper v.goodluck
    Friday, November 23, 2012 11:00 AM
  • Okay Spencer, i posted on VMware forum but there is slow responce thats why i decided to check with guys in here.

Friday, November 23, 2012 3:05 PM
  • Let me try this then i'll come back to u. Thanks much
    Friday, November 23, 2012 3:05 PM