none
igdkmd64.sys blue screen

Question

• How exactly do I trouble shoot what is causing this random blue screen igdkmd64.sys? Thanks!
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 3:31 AM

Answers

• There is a very useful utility (free) called WhoCrashed.  This is great for non-programmers, to easily analyse and report on BSOD errors.  I am in no way affiliated with whoever makes this program, but it is free and very cool.  Try it.

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".
    • Marked as answer by FB10 Friday, August 26, 2011 6:37 PM
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 3:40 AM
  • I've used the tool WhoCrashed above, which claims it is the igdkmd64.sys, which I knew, which is the Intel Graphics driver. There are no updates to it. But I uninstalled ZoneAlarm, which was the real culprit when I had crashes back in the summer of last year, and I'll see what happens now. I don't trust ZA anymore. I'll keep this open and post back here in a while, once I witness either more crashes or none.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:46 PM

All replies

• There is a very useful utility (free) called WhoCrashed.  This is great for non-programmers, to easily analyse and report on BSOD errors.  I am in no way affiliated with whoever makes this program, but it is free and very cool.  Try it.

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 3:40 AM
  • Hi,

Since Windows system uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space, stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a third-party device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services).

The system goes to a BSOD because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (either the device driver errors or the service errors), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

Microsoft - Help and Support
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see Microsoft Worldwide Home for regional support phone numbers.
    http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by Bigteddy Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:29 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by FB10 Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:43 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 9:36 AM
  • I've used the tool WhoCrashed above, which claims it is the igdkmd64.sys, which I knew, which is the Intel Graphics driver. There are no updates to it. But I uninstalled ZoneAlarm, which was the real culprit when I had crashes back in the summer of last year, and I'll see what happens now. I don't trust ZA anymore. I'll keep this open and post back here in a while, once I witness either more crashes or none.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Hi, I've recently bought an WIN 8 ASUS LAPTOP with the intel graphic 4000. I'm having BSOD when connected on my panasonic TV and opening graphics advanced properties. The BSOD tell about a problem with igdkmd64.sys. Can Someone help me with that ?  

Thursday, February 07, 2013 4:14 PM
  • i cant use win8.1 because that error now!!

windows is restared continuously. there's no time to download the who cashed 

where should i use who crashed?  windows or os x?

Sunday, August 24, 2014 2:26 PM