none
How to revert back to previous version of Internet Explorer (Windows 7)

Question

• Hi,

I recently ran updates on my computer and IE 7 was taken up to IE 9. I had CCTV plugins that dont work with IE 9 (I find out too late) so now I want to revert to IE 7 or IE 8. No download that I can find for either IE 7 or IE 8 will run on Windows 7. Both throw up a library error. Can anyone suggest a solution please. My Windows 7 Ultimate had IE 7 intalled from the box - so it will obviously run. I can remove IE 9 for the Control Panel - but that is about it. I don't belive that the only option would be to completely reinstall Windows to slove the issue - and would it even activate a second time?

Thursday, April 07, 2011 2:17 PM

Answers

• There is no IE7 for windows 7.  The default browser for Windows 7 is IE8.

If you have IE9 installed and want to remove it open Windows Update, then View update history, select Installed Updates at the top, then scroll down to find Windows Explorer 9, click on it and then click on Uninstall in the bar net to Organize towar the top of the window.

You should contact the publisher of the CCTV plugin for an update because IE9 will be manadtory in the near future.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by willy_zeng Monday, April 11, 2011 1:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya YaoModerator Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:09 AM
    Thursday, April 07, 2011 2:40 PM

All replies

• There is no IE7 for windows 7.  The default browser for Windows 7 is IE8.

If you have IE9 installed and want to remove it open Windows Update, then View update history, select Installed Updates at the top, then scroll down to find Windows Explorer 9, click on it and then click on Uninstall in the bar net to Organize towar the top of the window.

You should contact the publisher of the CCTV plugin for an update because IE9 will be manadtory in the near future.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by willy_zeng Monday, April 11, 2011 1:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya YaoModerator Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:09 AM
    Thursday, April 07, 2011 2:40 PM
  • You should contact the publisher of the CCTV plugin for an update because IE9 will be manadtory in the near future.

Just one more reason to find another OS for the pc.  IE9 refuses to open links; it opens a browser tab, but that's as far as it goes.  I have lowered the security and still NOTHING! 

That is why I searched for reverting to a previous version.  Let the user choose the level of security: BUTT OUT!

I don't believe the problem lies with IE9.  I have seen posts here of people claiming IE9 will not open links, but every link that has been posted as not opening has opened for me in IE9.  There must be other factors in the environments causing links to not open.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:19 PM
  • IE9 IS the problem.  We have three DVR camera systems which cannot be accessed through IE9.  The DVR manufacturer admits the problem!
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:23 PM
  • IE9 IS the problem.  We have three DVR camera systems which cannot be accessed through IE9.  The DVR manufacturer admits the problem!

So explain exactly what it is about IE9 that makes it unable to access the DVR camera systems?

Provide detail of exactly why IE9 is the problem.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:54 PM

So explain exactly what it is about IE9 that makes it unable to access the DVR camera systems?

Provide detail of exactly why IE9 is the problem.

Looks like you are really a newbie about using browsers who is just learning how to use IE.Its weird that you are expecting Batteryjer will be knowing the exact root cause problem. FYI I've the same issue but in different context.

I'm using Pega PRPC  which was working fine with Internet Explorer 7 and 8. But with the latest update of Internet Explorer 11 (which happened automatically without my knowledge), I'm not able to use this pega software properly as many menu items doesn't show up.When I play around with F12 Developer Tools (located in Tools) and change the Interent Explorer version from 11 to  8, 7, most of the menu options of Pega appears correctly in browser screen. If you really want to know the exact cause , go back to your computer and try to play and learn..

I can say that IE is becoming more carp and crap with every update and there is PROBLEM WITH INTERNET EXPLORER with every update.Still I want to rollback my IE from 11 to 8 without using Developer Tool.

• Edited by JailBreakerHD Monday, December 23, 2013 8:08 PM Properly edited
    Monday, December 23, 2013 8:08 PM