none
"Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" Error message!

Question

• I just bought a new Gateway with Windows Vista -I keep getting a "Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" Error  message that pops up and then one that says "Windows Explorer is Restarting".  This loops over and over and over again.  I cant access the control panel and it is not recognizing the disk.I have about 7 seconds before my desktop flashes and dissappears then is restored and the cycle repeats itself!  Can anyone help with this?
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 10:39 PM

Answers

• Did you see the words Internet explorer in the question ? Me either...He is talking about windows explorer what you use when you browse your hds like c:   d: etc.....Mine also quit working and when I go to my computer and then click on c drive I get the contents displayed for a shDid ort time then it say windows explorer stopped working and then it restarts windows explorer. Windows explorer and internet explorer are 2 different apps.    If anyone has this problem, and I have seen many instances, let me know and if you find a fix. I saw several but none have worked yet...
    Monday, March 26, 2007 9:26 PM

All replies

• HELLO

To solve this problem you must reset your explorer click start button and type internet options select internet options then click on the advanced tab at top

you will see the reset button on this page. by doing this it will also reset your favourites but it should solve your problem.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:15 PM
  • Did you see the words Internet explorer in the question ? Me either...He is talking about windows explorer what you use when you browse your hds like c:   d: etc.....Mine also quit working and when I go to my computer and then click on c drive I get the contents displayed for a shDid ort time then it say windows explorer stopped working and then it restarts windows explorer. Windows explorer and internet explorer are 2 different apps.    If anyone has this problem, and I have seen many instances, let me know and if you find a fix. I saw several but none have worked yet...
    Monday, March 26, 2007 9:26 PM
  • am having the same problem. I  still continue to get the error message, is there anything else I can do to correct this problem?
    Tuesday, April 03, 2007 7:34 AM
  • Just curious. Are you useing a flash drive for the readyboost feature? I sometimes have the same problem when using one and when I unplug it the problem goes away.
    Thursday, April 05, 2007 12:28 AM
  • Try going here and reading it.. Maybe this will help you in your quest?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555130

Thursday, April 05, 2007 7:12 AM
  • This is only a temporary fix with my vaio laptop.  I do the reset in advanced but when I turn my laptop off and go back in the next day, I get the same message, Internet Explorer has stopped working.  I also found that appcrash may be corrupt.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?  Help?
    Sunday, April 08, 2007 3:12 PM
  •  

To whom it may concern

I would like to inform you that, We are having a problem which is given below;

Windows Explorer has stopped working.

Windows can check online for solution to the problem and try to restart the program.

Check online for a solution and restart the program

Restart the program. 

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: explorer.exe

Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386

Application Timestamp: 4549b091

Fault Module Name: xuoce.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 463c7a08

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 02d1197a

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 8d13

Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

Additional Information 3: 8d13

Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

Please check the problem and resolve the problem. I have given the contact no as well: 01753820647.

If i try to re boot the computer but could not do becose this massege comes quickly. I hope you will consider the request and give solution.

Your sincerely

rauzan.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 8:52 PM
  • I started getting that message today too. I took the advice to go to task manager and open programs and features (vista) or add/remove program (xp) and removed some programs that seemed to get downloaded on todays date. I uninstalled them and the problem has gone away. Hope this helps, I was about ready to throw my machine across the room.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 9:15 PM
  • I have the same problems with Internet Explorer, the eRecovery Agent cant fix the problem. Explore start and stop all the time and tell i have a 646 error.
    Saturday, January 01, 2011 7:45 PM
  • Hi,

Windows Explorer crashes are mostly caused by an incompatible Shell Extension.

please download this reg file from my SkyDrive:

http://cid-128fc518635be2dc.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/MS%20Foren/Registry/WER%5E_Explorer.reg

and make a double click on the file to import it. If you can't do this, run regedit.exe and import the registry file there!

When the Windows Explorer crashes, Windows Error Reporting Service [1] creates a dmp file under C:\Localdumps. Please upload the file to your public Skydrive [2] folder and post the link here. I take a look at the dump with the Debugger, maybe I can see which Shell extension is the cause.

André

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb787181%28VS.85%29.aspx
    [2] http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Sunday, January 02, 2011 2:12 PM