none
help MINECRAFT bad video card driver

Question

•    Bad video card drivers!     
          -----------------------     

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
    This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------
    Generated 11/1/11 5:25 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.8.1
    Java: 1.6.0_29, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    [failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
     at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
     at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
     at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)
     at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)
     at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
     at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
     at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:233)
     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:629)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT b7a72d88 ----------

Please help me getting frustrated

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 9:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You could check which brand of graphic card you are using, and go to the corresponding official websites to download the latest driver.

Also, you could go to Device Management to update your graphic card driver via Windows Update:

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Alex

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, November 07, 2011 1:41 AM

All replies

• are you running this in a virtual machine under sun java? Most opengl requires direct access to the hardware, so vm's are not usually an option for gaming.
    :P Advice offered, If you need more help it is advised to seek the council and advice of paid professionals. The answer is always 42, or reboot.
    Wednesday, November 02, 2011 3:59 PM
  • Hi,

Please update your graphic card driver to the latest version to see what the result is. At the meantime, to get a better performance, it is recommended to have all your hardware drivers updated.

Since this is related the third-party software, it is also recommended to contact the software manufacturer for further help:

Support - Minecraft Forum

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Alex

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 03, 2011 5:34 AM
  • No idk because my friend gave me a flash drive with minecraft on it.It dosent even let me put in a password cause he hacked it so i dont have to pay 20 dollars.He also gave me animal skin.I dont even know wat that is because it wont let me acsess the game.

Trevor Wentz
    Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:23 PM
  • where do i go to download the graphic card driver

Trevor Wentz
    Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:34 PM
  • My icon for minecraft  on my desk top is a java cup.Whats that mean.Im not into cp games and junk and im only 13 so i dont know a lot of stuff about cp!!!

Try to make it simple please

thanks

Trevor Wentz
    Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:37 PM
  • Hi,

You could check which brand of graphic card you are using, and go to the corresponding official websites to download the latest driver.

Also, you could go to Device Management to update your graphic card driver via Windows Update:

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Alex

Monday, November 07, 2011 1:41 AM
  • java 230-130 3D

minecraft

.\_/.

Sunday, December 09, 2012 10:03 PM
  • No idk because my friend gave me a flash drive with minecraft on it.It dosent even let me put in a password cause he hacked it so i dont have to pay 20 dollars.He also gave me animal skin.I dont even know wat that is because it wont let me acsess the game.

Trevor Wentz

IMO, we shouldn't be helping you solve your driver problems if you openly admit to pirating a paid software service.  I am POSITIVE the people who worked very hard to produce Minecraft certainly would not like to see your issue fixed. 

I'd like to see a Moderator delete this thread.

Monday, December 10, 2012 10:02 PM
  • Hello

Minecraft bad video card drivers appearing on that time, when you are playing minecraft game on your pc.  I am playing this game on my pc. When I started to play minecraft, I have face too many errors in playing and one the common error was minecraft bad video card drivers. Last week I have got a solution from internet for this error and I am sharing this error with all game players.

• Deactivate AdvancedOpenGL Feature
    • Remove and Reinstall Display Adapter Drivers
    • Rollback your PC Driver
    • Clean Minecraft Configurations
    • Update Minecraft Drivers
    • Make and Use a Bat File as Launcher
    • Update Java
    • Delete Contents of Bin Folder
    • Change Hardware Acceleration to Full
    • Optimize Startups & Services

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:51 AM