none
Windows7 and Sony Motion Eye

Question

• I recently upgraded my Sony vgn-fw200 from Vista to Windows 7.  I can no longer find the Sony Motion Eye camera.  Can anyone hlep?  Thanks. Ned
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 4:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Ned,

Please ensure that you have installed all the Windows 7 drivers from SONY:

Sony eSupport - VGN-FW200 - Software Updates & Drivers

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the issue persists, since it is a hardware issue, please also contact SONY for help:

SONY Support

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, March 03, 2010 11:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Ned,

Please ensure that you have installed all the Windows 7 drivers from SONY:

Sony eSupport - VGN-FW200 - Software Updates & Drivers

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the issue persists, since it is a hardware issue, please also contact SONY for help:

SONY Support

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, March 03, 2010 11:42 AM
  • just download and install following driver, then should be fine:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNCR205E&upd_id=3166&os_id=28

Peace

Sunday, August 08, 2010 3:55 AM
  • If anyone is having trouble getting this driver to install on their Windows 7 Vaio, the problem is not the driver itself, but the installer, which does not work with Windows 7. I had the same problem as everyone else, but I downloaded/installed the Universal Extractor (http://legroom.net/software/uniextract) and the driver installer (http://s02.download.sony.com/US/pc/RIDCAM-14566600-US.EXE). I ran the Extractor on the Driver's Installer, which extracted all of the files. I then executed the x64 installer file (RIDCAM-14566600-US\TEMPEXEFOLDER\DPInst64.exe). This properly updated the driver and my webcam has been functioning normally since. Hope this helps others!
    • Proposed as answer by wseven Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:17 PM
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:07 AM
  • If anyone is having trouble getting this driver to install on their Windows 7 Vaio, the problem is not the driver itself, but the installer, which does not work with Windows 7. I had the same problem as everyone else, but I downloaded/installed the Universal Extractor (http://legroom.net/software/uniextract) and the driver installer (http://s02.download.sony.com/US/pc/RIDCAM-14566600-US.EXE). I ran the Extractor on the Driver's Installer, which extracted all of the files. I then executed the x64 installer file (RIDCAM-14566600-US\TEMPEXEFOLDER\DPInst64.exe). This properly updated the driver and my webcam has been functioning normally since. Hope this helps others!
    this worked!! for me! I was trying to get a customer's webcam working after he installed windows 7 and couldnt do it, this method worked perfectly, even skype notified us that it had video soon as the driver went in! lol. Thank you so much!
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:17 PM
  • thanks for the advice!! i've been downloading drivers for the past hour without any luck but this worked within 5 mins and worked perfectly too! Great tip!
    Friday, June 03, 2011 2:37 PM
  • I have been searching for a solution for multiple webcam issues with my Sony Vaio VPCF121GX laptop for months on and off.  In a recent call to Sony eSupport and I asked for the driver.  After an hour of having their support guy do nothing, he said my registry was corrupted and suggested that I buy their annual maintenance plan on sale for $195.  I asked how much to fix just this problem.  He offered to fix the problem for $65.  I said I had to think about it ... LOL.  His manager came on and offered me a $35 special to fix this problem.  Mind you all I asked for was the install package for the drivers.  He refused to give me the driver package unless I bought their service.

Your solution is exact.  Unfortunately it is not posted on the Sony site and took quite some time to sift through the web to find.  The solution fixes all driver problems with Sony Vaio/ArcSoft Motion Eye WebCams (also known as the Sony Visual Communications Camera).  Your fix also corrects the WebCam lost microphone problem where the WebCam microphone suddenly stops working and is no longer accessible to applications on the computer. 

Sony eSupport actually told me on an earlier call that the laptop did not have a built in microphone.  Kudos WSeven ... Tell me where you'd like me to make a $35 donation.  I'd rather see my money go to a good cause than Sony.

Thanks,

Lee

PS. I posted all the words I searched for in this note hoping someone will find the solution faster next time.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:17 PM
  • OMG!! for so many long years.. camera finally worked!!! THANKS guys!
    Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:36 PM
  • I tried this on a Sony VIO VGNCR309E. Worked like a charm. Why can't the people at Sony get this kind of stuff right the first time
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:52 PM
  • I recently upgraded my Sony vgn-fw200 from Vista to Windows 7.  I can no longer find the Sony Motion Eye camera.  Can anyone hlep?  Thanks. Ned

\I RECENTLY BOUGHT A SONY VAIO  EH3O WHICH CAME WITH A WINDOWS 7 BASIC. SINCE I HAVE AN ORIGINAL COPY OF THE WINDOWS 7 PREMIUM I INSTALLED IT ON THE SONY. HOWEVER, NOW I GET A MESSAGE SAYING THE WINDOWS RUNNING ON MY LAPTOP IS A FAKE, REQUESTING ME TO VERIFY THE COPY WITH MS. HOWERVER WHEN I TYPE IN THE KEY CODE IT DOESNOT ACCEPT EITHER VERSIONS, AND OBVIOUSLY, TYPICAL OF MS, OFFERS ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUY ONLINE AND ADDITIONAL LICENCE....

ANYBODY OUT THERE CAN GIVE ME SOME CLUES HOW TO HANDLE THIS PROBLEM??? TKS

Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:14 AM
  • Dear Wseven

Thanks so much for your tip, after tried a lot of solutions, as well as Sony Support that offered me a annual package of 299USD, I decided to try an alternative way due to I do not have this money to invest in my old lap top, your tip was excelent, in 5 minutes I installed the softwares and solved CAM problem, thanks so much I really appreciate you time. 

Saturday, April 21, 2012 5:06 PM
  • I concur with wseven, it worked wonders for me too! I went to such great lengths browsing the net in vain within the last few months, you have truly let me off the hook. Thanks a million JavanFace, you are a genius!   
    Sunday, December 23, 2012 6:20 PM
  • This works for Windows 8 Pro (x32) too. Thank you, I just found this forum after hours of trying Sony webcam drivers and installing with compatibility mode but none worked. After downloading the universal extractor I upgraded the usb video device to Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC6 (manufacturer: Ricoh)

Laptop Sony Vaio VGN-CR307E

Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:19 AM
  • Thanks for your help...:)
    Monday, October 07, 2013 6:42 PM
  • WORKED LIKE CHARM, never thoug about that
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 11:23 PM