Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 Support Ends April 8, 2014

General discussion

• For information about Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 End of Support (EOS), please see this page. This page shows what is happening, what "End of Support" means, and how to migrate to Windows 7 and Office 2010 using the free Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). We have a deployment forum if you have any issues or questions about deployment.
    IT Pro Audience Manager for Web Forums
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:10 AM
    Owner

All replies

• I think that the time has come for Windows Xp and Office 2003 to come an end,it is amazing how household and small businesses still use these two products. I am glad microsft has taken this path.
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:28 AM
  • This means that you can use the Windows XP but the support from the Microsoft end will be ended. The KB articles and updates will be stopped from their end. But you can still use these OS of your own with available updates and features from the microsoft.
    Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:01 AM
  • We all have 1yr 9mos. In order to switch over Windows 7. Anthony Mann has pretty well set everything up for us now. Maybe by April 08, 2014, there could be something else besides Windows 7. But in other words you'll will have this time to make the switch or buy a new computer with the program already download for you. Who know you might not even be here by them. I check out everything Anthony stated, it's all there. What's that old story, snooze you lose!!!

Here another new Windows 8, release May 2012 it looks like might be another great program. Here check it out for yourself. If this doesn't work, there always MAC. Have a great day, good surfing:

Windows 8 is the next version of Microsoft Windows, a series of operating systems produced by Microsoft for use on personal computers, including home and businessdesktopslaptopsMicrosoft Tablet PCs, and home theater PCs. The release to manufacturing (RTM) is expected around July 2012,<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-1" style="line-height:1em;font-family:sans-serif;">[2]</sup> three years after the release of its predecessor, Windows 7. Windows 8's server counterpart,Windows Server 2012, is in development concurrently with Windows 8. The most recent official pre-release version of Windows 8 is the Release Preview, which was released on May 31, 2012.

Edited by: ibtmicky 

ibtmicky

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:36 AM
  • For me Windows XP is the most success OS product from Microsoft (at the moment). I'm not surprised if there's so many more people still using it. :)
    Saturday, September 22, 2012 4:38 AM
  • I just stumbled across this announcement.  Why was is not part of a XP update?  Surprise!  I wonder how many people will never know.

Will those with licensed copies of XP get a free download of 7?

Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:32 PM
  • I just stumbled across this announcement.  Why was is not part of a XP update?  Surprise!  I wonder how many people will never know.

Will those with licensed copies of XP get a free download of 7?

Fast-forwarding four months,  I don't know about '7' but Microsoft is offering XP subscribers the chance to upgrade to '8' (by end of Jan., '13) for a paltry $40. , but, you must download online. A disc with Windows 8-Pro can be snail-mailed but will cost more.
    Friday, January 25, 2013 9:45 PM