none
Cannot backup using windows backup error 0x810000FF

Question

• I have 32bit windows 7 and am trying to backup to my external hard drive.  I have it set up to just back up a few critical folders and when I run the backup I get this message, "The last backup did not complete successfully because windows backup could not back up any of the drives included in the backup. Make sure that the drives are plugged in and working correctly."  All of my drives are plugged in and working just fine so I'm not sure what else to try.  Any advice?
    • Moved by BrianEhMVP Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:00 PM Not a Hyper-V issue (From:Hyper-V)
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:26 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

I would like to share you the following article to troubleshoot the backup issue.

Backup failing to external USB drive with error 0x810000FF

Please assure to clear the "Include a system image of drive" option during the backup procedure.

Regards,

Novak

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, June 28, 2010 2:04 AM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 6:42 AM

All replies

• are you trying backup files in the external hard drive?
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:44 PM
  • I'm sorry, should have been more clear... I'm trying to back up my files from my C: drive to my external drive
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:45 PM
  •  

Hi,

I would like to share you the following article to troubleshoot the backup issue.

Backup failing to external USB drive with error 0x810000FF

Please assure to clear the "Include a system image of drive" option during the backup procedure.

Regards,

Novak

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, June 28, 2010 2:04 AM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 6:42 AM