none
Microsoft Win7 Home Premium won't able to map drive from NAS

Question

• To Microsoft Win7 Home Premium SME/ and Pro:

I have installed the Win7 Home Premium version 64bits on my desktop. I also have another Win7 Home Premium version 64bits on my laptop. I don't have any issue with my laptop to map to the NAS device. However, after I finished the image for the desktop for the 64bits win7 home p, I won't able to map to the NAS. I can see the NAS share folder. However, when I connect to it, it will ask me the user name and password and it set to domain. This is a workgroup PC, I don't understand where is the domain coming from. I try to use computername\user name and password but i won't work.

Could anyone help?

Thanks

Vic

Vic

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Try to use “net use” command to map the NAS for test.

Or you can try to access NAS via \\ipaddress\NAS

If the issue persists, try to temporary disable firewall and antivirus programs on Windows 7. Also please check control panel\credential manager if any incorrect credential of NAS share exist.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Leo Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Leo Huang

Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:57 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW,  we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:16 AM