none
"Wireless network connection" doesn't have a valid ip configuration and "Media Disconnected"

Question

• The first issue is one i get when I try to connect to my home router.. so atm I'm using my neighbors wireless connection, and even this had the same error for a day or 2 but randomly stopped. I have tried EVERYTHING, resetting my winsock and tcp/ip etc...

when i do ipconfig in my CMD it tells me media is disconnected for pretty much everything.. can someone please help me I have noo idea what to do at this point.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 5:55 PM

Answers

• This issue can be caused by several reasons. First please upgrade your network adapter driver. You should download Windows 7 compatible driver from the computer manufacturer download page. Before installing the new driver please completely delete the existed driver from Control Panel\Program and Features.

If it does not help, temporarily disable antivirus and firewall then check the result again.

The keyboard function key may be another possible cause. Many laptops have a short key to disable\enable wireless networks. Please let us know if the wireless light flashes when the issue occurs and if so, you’d better contact the computer manufacturer support.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, August 05, 2011 7:58 AM