none
Error code 0x8007048F

Question

• I keep getting an error code and the insall cancels.  I was looking at some other posts (like the one posted by mafiltenborg - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/4aebf451-3157-4944-8098-81ff18b94059) and noticed with error code 0x8007048F the alloted memory was not large enough.  I am still not sure what this message means after searching, but it seems providing enough memory helps.  The problem is I am trying to install W7 on 50gigs, that should be plenty and I am still getting this error and the install autocancels.  I am trying to dowload another version to try, but if anyone has any suggestions as how to handle this error I would appreciate a response.
    Tuesday, June 09, 2009 3:11 AM

Answers

• I keep getting an error code and the insall cancels.  I was looking at some other posts (like the one posted by mafiltenborg - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/4aebf451-3157-4944-8098-81ff18b94059) and noticed with error code 0x8007048F the alloted memory was not large enough.  I am still not sure what this message means after searching, but it seems providing enough memory helps.  The problem is I am trying to install W7 on 50gigs, that should be plenty and I am still getting this error and the install autocancels.  I am trying to dowload another version to try, but if anyone has any suggestions as how to handle this error I would appreciate a response.
    Hi

I'm not sure where you saw that error message as being associated with memory?

0x8007048F =  ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED - The device is not connected.

We need some details about where and how you are installing Windows 7, such as the system specs, clean or upgrade install, dual boot, etc.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:52 AM

All replies

• Memory refers to RAM, not the hard drive, and the system requirements state 1GB is needed (although I don't know if that's a hard limit as I've never attempted anything less).

Other than that, also make sure you have enough space on the 50G hard drive for installation and temporary files...probably about 20GB of free space.

• Edited by Ryan Capp Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:06 AM
    Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:05 AM
    Hi

I'm not sure where you saw that error message as being associated with memory?

0x8007048F =  ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED - The device is not connected.

We need some details about where and how you are installing Windows 7, such as the system specs, clean or upgrade install, dual boot, etc.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:52 AM
  • Hey there Ronnie,

Im having the exact same error code ill give you the error details

Windows cannot open the required file E:\Sources\install.wim. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007048F

My PC specs are
    500GB WD black hdd (No partitions)
    4GB Ram
    2.7ghz dual core

Ive used both Windows 7 Professional DVD 64 bit, when that didn't work tried my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit DVD, didn't work either
    This time it did it before the disk partition part, first few times it was doing it after the partition part.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:02 PM
  • The Installation failed near the end at a step called c:windows/system32/cscript.exe

After failure the I was able to install the drivers for the 4 port Sata Raid card I had installed - this made the 2 drives attached visible and the files accessible. I then restarted the computer (with the install disk in the DVD drive and the installation completed successfully.

Hope this helps someone else.
    Friday, July 30, 2010 7:00 AM