none
HP PSC 1402 All In One

Question

• Hi,

Im having a HP PSC 1402 All In One Printer.

But I cant install the driver. It says It cannot find the required section in the INF.

Anyone has any advice?

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:44 AM

All replies

• I have a psc 2510 photosmart AIO and with Windows Vista Beta 2 I was able just to install the printer as the HP 2350 printer. It works ONLY AS PRINTER.

Now that I installed Windows Vista RC1 printer was recognized correctly as 2510, but still just work as printer. I havent been able to install the card reader nor the scanner. If you try to install the drivers CD (latest 4.2.0 version) the installer will fail, saying something about incompatibility with the OS.

Is there any way to get the card reader and scanner to be recognized by Vista?
    Monday, September 11, 2006 9:12 AM
  •  Edward Alvarez wrote:
    I have a psc 2510 photosmart AIO and with Windows Vista Beta 2 I was able just to install the printer as the HP 2350 printer. It works ONLY AS PRINTER.

Now that I installed Windows Vista RC1 printer was recognized correctly as 2510, but still just work as printer. I havent been able to install the card reader nor the scanner. If you try to install the drivers CD (latest 4.2.0 version) the installer will fail, saying something about incompatibility with the OS.

Is there any way to get the card reader and scanner to be recognized by Vista?

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS U .. ANY LUCK ? THE OLINE SUPPORT FROM HP ALL-IN-ONE HAVE SEND ME TO MICROSOFT ,.

ANYWAY TELL ME IF U FIND A SOLUTION . THANK;S BYE

Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:25 AM
  • Now that Vista is out there, seems like the printer is detected by the OS automatically, I can see now the memory units, but HP DECIDED NOT TO CREATE A Vista compatible driver/app. cd. If you try it and go to the PSC 2510 drivers download page and select Windows Vista as OS, you'll see their "I-dont-give-a-darn" answer. they just say: " Vista recognized and do BLAH BLAH BLAH to scan, and to use your AIO. If oyu REALLY need the advanced features................BUY NEW HARDWARE!!!"

Isn't that rude??? Really, I would have never expected that kind of answer from a transnational enterprise, but its real, they answer that at their website.

So guess we'll be stucked to the methods they described for interating with our PSCs through Windows Vista.

Good luck (for both of us).

Friday, March 16, 2007 9:18 PM
  • Im just updating this as a message was sent to me via e-mail, about my own (???) reply.

Wll, HP just released a Vista Compatible version of its 2510 PSC AIO drivers.

Its just intended for Vista and not compatible with previous version of Windows. Here  are the links for Vista 32bits and 64 bits in english as well as the spanish version.

ENGLISH:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software8/COL18476/mp-47754-1/AIO_CDB_Full_Network_enu.exe

SPANISH:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software8/COL18476/mp-47848-1/AIO_CDB_Full_Network_esn.exe

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:56 AM