none
Windows XP x64 SP3

Question

• greatings

great new for the latest sp3 for this stable and high performance operating system,

but what about the x64 Version? lot of users use x64 cause we have greater hardware, and we get more performance.
    sql, vs, ram managment. etc etc

so what about a release "Window" for the x64 version???

tnx a lot
    Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:57 PM

Answers

• tech392 wrote:

Actually you can install SP3 on x64 versions and if you use either WindowsUpdate or MicrosoftUpdate you will be prompted to install it regardless of the version you are using.  Just thought that you would like to know.

Actually you cannot install SP3 on XP x64 version because it does not exist!

There is no Windows XP x64 SP3!

So, Windows Update, or Microsoft Update, will not prompt you to install something that does not exist!

Just though that you would like to know!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:28 PM

All replies

•  

Actually you can install SP3 on x64 versions and if you use either WindowsUpdate or MicrosoftUpdate you will be prompted to install it regardless of the version you are using.  Just thought that you would like to know.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:50 PM
  • Monday, March 09, 2009 9:48 AM
  • tech392, Completely wrong suggestion. There is no SP3, and you can't install it even if you stand on your head or other means.

May the source be with you...

Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:14 PM
  • tech392 wrote:

Actually you cannot install SP3 on XP x64 version because it does not exist!

There is no Windows XP x64 SP3!

So, Windows Update, or Microsoft Update, will not prompt you to install something that does not exist!

Just though that you would like to know!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:28 PM
  •         No there is not a SP3 for xp 64,my advise to you is if your having problems running new software, skip Vista and go right to win 7.I have a socket 754 board and I can run 7,very good OS,it has it's bugs like all os do but overall I recommend it.
    Saturday, April 14, 2012 2:58 AM