none
Windows Photo viewer can't open this picture because either photo viewer doesn't support this file format or you don't have the latest updated to photo viewer

Question

• My computer was running perfectly fine until one day, my sister transferred some of her pictures to our computer then right after that, when I access to programs like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Photoshop, etc. this message appeared...

"Windows Photo viewer can't open this picture because either photo viewer doesn't support this file format or you don't have the latest updated to photo viewer"

I can't access to any of my programs! ALL OF MY PROGRAMS! Good thing I have my Google Chrome browser shortcut when I downloaded Photoshop before. The icons of the programs are not the icons that used to appear before. I wanted to restore those icons and I wanted use my programs... Please help me! thanks!

Saturday, August 13, 2011 4:10 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Firstly, I would like to suggest you try system restore to go back to a previous good status to see if it could fix this issue.

If this issue persists, I suggest you check the program associations of photo viewer, navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs, and select photo viewer, you could unselect all file type to check the result.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:50 AM