none
Windows installer problem with pinnacle studio ultimate 14 on windows xp

Question

• Hi,

I just purchased Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 14 and am running into issues getting it installed on my Windows XP (SP3) machine.

1.  I went to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and downloaded all updates and am current, including the .Net stuff that Pinnacle says it needs.
    2.  Per suggestion from Pinnacle, I also went to Start / Run / msconfig / startup menu and deselected everything to eliminate potential interference of those applications with installer.
    3.  Restart windows, of course, for all of these things to take effect.
    4.  Run the Pinnacle Installer
    5.  It asks to select the country and language - I select the default English (United States) and hit okay
    6.  InstallShield wizard then pops up and says it is configuring some things, then closes after about 3 seconds
    7.  Install Wizard dialogue comes up.  After ~10 seconds, I get an error message:  "The wizard was interrupted before Pinnacle Studio 14 could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified.  To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.  Click Finish to exit the wizard. [I have no other choice]"
    8.  I reboot my machine and try again.  Same issue.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance for guidance.
    • Moved by Vivian Xing Monday, December 21, 2009 6:16 AM XP SP3 issue (From:Windows 7 Application Compatibility)
    Friday, December 18, 2009 5:51 AM

All replies

• try to change default language to english, control panel -> regional and language option, and then try again.
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 12:37 PM