none
game is running in software rendering mode

Question

• After several attempts, I finally installed the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 from Windows download. What a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now all the games will not work. Before the start of the game, a message reads "the games is running in software rendering mode -- Hardware acceleration is either disabled or not suppported by your video card driver, which could slow game performance. Make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hard acceleration is turned on."  I have checked for the latest drivers and the acceleration is turned on.  I am not particularly savvy with computers so I could use help.  I hope I won't have to pay to have this problem remedied. My computer is 6 months old.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 2:29 PM

All replies

• Would someone please answer QKathy's message?  I, too, receive this msg and have tried everything and I cannot get the games to work.  I am so sick and tired of Vista.  I have had to reinstall twice my entire system.  Have spent hours with Dell service and it always ends up reinstalling the hardware and losing everything.
    Sunday, April 06, 2008 11:10 PM