none
Fix for HP 7350 to work with Vista

Question

•  

Most of you probably find this easy but I was having problems with using my HP 7350 with Vista - no drivers but can use the 990c.  Here's the fix I got from HP tech chat:

1) Please click on start icon and control panel
    2) Double click on printer folder.
    3) Please double click on Add printer Icon.
    4) wizard pops up
    5) Now click on next.
    6) Select local printer
    7) Printer port - select DOT4 and click on Next.
    8) Click Next.
    9) The Install Printer Software window displays.
    10) Select HP or (deskjet 990c) from the Manufacturer list.

14) The Name Your Printer window displays.
    15) If the printer name is correct, click Next/finish.
    16) Click Next.
    17) The Printer Sharing window displays.
    18) Select No/finish when the message Do you want to print a test page
    displays.

19) Click Next.
    20) The Completing the Add Printer Wizard displays.
    21) Click Finish.

hope this might help someone in the future.

Sunday, October 21, 2007 2:37 PM

All replies

• Thanks.  This helped alot.  I had to retype my printer type on step 14.  Everything else went great.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 8:13 PM
  • This is the same fix I got from HP customer support.

Note that the card readers on the printer do not work

with this generic driver.

Anyone know of a third party driver solution for the

printer under Vista?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:01 PM
  • Deborah,

Not trying to be funny but all of the suggestions I received from HP sounded like the driver was me in my ford to Staples and get a new printer that is compatible with Vista.  This is called early retirement for your printers by Microsoft. Ivan565

• Proposed as answer by rjm77me Monday, October 05, 2009 11:50 PM
    Saturday, August 30, 2008 9:40 PM
  • I bought a lap top and could not make my old HP Photosmart 7350 work with window Vista
    I spent 70 minutes with HP high tech support - passed from one call center to another.
    Last guy from Delhi call center basically said there is no answer and buy a new printer. I did buy a new printer - it does not mean that I can not use my old printer.

As last resort I deleted all installed printers from my new shining HDX 18t premium LAP top.

1. From the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), type control printers in the Start Search box, and then press Enter . The Printers window appears.
    2. Click Add a printer and then click Add a local printer .
    3. Click the Use an existing port check box.
    4. In the Use an existing port drop-down list, . I picked dot4 7350 from options
    5. Under Manufacturer on the Install the printer driver dialog box, select HP .
    6. Under Printers , select the appropriate alternate print driver for the HP product and then click Next . USED REPLACE DRIVER PICKED HP PHOTOSMART 7400
    1. In the Printer name text box, type the HP product name and then click Next . The print driver starts to install.
      NOTE: i HOOKED UP MY PRINTER TO usb PORT AND IT ASKED ME PRINT A TEST PAGE
      IT WORKED
      1. LAST HP TECH SUPPORT KEPT SAYING HE WILL LOOSE HIS JOB FOR HELPING WITH INSTALL OF OLDER PRINTER - SAYING HP DOES NOT SUPPORT OLD PRINTERS - MEANING P DOES NOT HAVE ONE HOUR OF BRAIN POWER TO ADD COUPLE OF PROPER INSTRUCTIONS ON THEIR WEB SITE.  EACH PERSON TO THEIR OWN - HA HAH HA HA HA - WHAT A JOKE
    Tuesday, October 06, 2009 12:02 AM
  • This information was absolutely FANTASTIC!  I was floundering around trying to install a new printer my sons got me for Mother's Day yesterday and I accidentally stumbled across this website.  My printer is installed and printing properly and I am one happy grandmother!  Thank you for all the steps for some of us who are somewhat computer challenged.
    Monday, May 10, 2010 1:40 PM
  • You ROCK! I sure appriciate people that share there experience. Saved me hours troubleshooting HP's Website. Nothing there helped me. Thanks Again!
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 9:16 PM
  • just wanted to say thanks!  Your workaround for HP7350 worked perfectly. Was ready to get rid of printer. Much appreciated
    Tuesday, March 01, 2011 11:13 AM
  • Thanks for this simple fix - after spending 15-20 hours over a period of months trying to follow 30 or 40 steps and not having any luck I was amazed that I had the printer working in 10 minutes. Does HP think that most people are too stupid to see that they are just making it difficult so people will buy new printer? Their instructions are much, much longer and recommend a different driver all together. By the way, I didn't have to delete my other printer drivers. How did you know which HP driver to use? Again, many thanks.
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:48 AM