none
e-mail server is currently unavailable. Please try again later. Error

Question

• When offline, I am getting this really annoying error message every few minutes on 2 different windows machines, one xp sp3, one vista ultimate.  This is a new message in the last few weeks.  I suspect a MSFT update of some type since both machines do it, the desktop only when I have a network problem of some type but not sure.  It makes running a presentation from the laptop almost impossible as the error message freezes the machine.

the source process is csrss.exe.  I cannot terminate that process.  None of my email programs are running.  None of them has spawned a process either. 

Any hints or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Saturday, May 16, 2009 5:23 PM

Answers

• I figured it out.  Shut down all processes and services that were not MSFT and error went away.  Enabled them one at a time and traced it to an applet from my web host, 1and1, which was automatically checking for new mail every 5 mintues.  Argh. 
    • Marked as answer by NC_Bob Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:54 PM
    Wednesday, June 03, 2009 9:39 PM

All replies

• 1.  What e-mail client do you use?

2.  Is it possible that these PCs are infected with a trojan, trying to send spam e-mail all day?
    Robin Walker
    Monday, May 18, 2009 9:58 AM
  • I figured it out.  Shut down all processes and services that were not MSFT and error went away.  Enabled them one at a time and traced it to an applet from my web host, 1and1, which was automatically checking for new mail every 5 mintues.  Argh. 
    • Marked as answer by NC_Bob Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:54 PM
    Wednesday, June 03, 2009 9:39 PM
  • I have been aggravated by the same message under the same conditions.  What was the applet and were you able to stop that incessant message?
    Monday, July 06, 2009 7:14 PM
  • As you say, it's due to 1 and 1 Easy Login. Go to Application Settings, click on Desktop Alert, Settings, and unclick "Activate Desktop alert for new emails" which is set at that minimum annoying 5 minute rate as standard.

They are releasing Webmailer 2.0 any day now so things may change again.

Cheery!
    Monday, July 13, 2009 2:53 PM
  • Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

This problem has been driving me nuts ever since I decided to try out Windows 7 RC.  I must have tried about forty different things but never thought to close the 1and1 easy login!

Dave
    Monday, July 13, 2009 3:35 PM
  • Man, this has been bugging me for MONTHS. Thanks a ton for figuring it out!
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:41 PM
  • I also shared same issue. Bottom right corner of screen (or located on your desktop 1and1 easy log-in)

Application Settings: Desktop Alert- set-up desktop alert for new emails

click settings
    Check the box to deactivate (activate alert for new emails) the box will be blank if you do not want updates.

To the right you can adjust the settings.

It did come with the 500 page intstruction manual, that none of us ever like to read. We have each other to answer the hard questions in life.

www.simivalleycaliforniahomesforsale.com
    www.kingsbaygeorgiahomesforsale.com
    www.amypattonhomes.net

Quick plug for new business. Check out how well Kingsbay is doing in only two months of SEO.
    Friday, October 09, 2009 5:10 PM
  • Many thanks for the answers here people, this one has been bugging me for a couple of days.
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 9:13 AM
  • I was glad I could participate in finding an answer to the problem.

Take care Chris and good luck.

Thursday, December 03, 2009 6:04 PM
  • I too had exactly the same problem and killing the csrss.exe was killing my Windows. The problem was with the 1and1 EasyLogin. I too simply wanted to add my thanks as I had given up and my next solution was to toss my laptop off the balcony.
    Monday, January 11, 2010 11:37 PM
  • Thanks to all who have contributed to this. It saved me hours of trawling other sites.

I think 1&1 have changed the default settings in their Easy Login app as it never used to set up the mail checking by default.

• Proposed as answer by Edsilvacunha Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:29 PM
    Tuesday, April 06, 2010 10:56 AM
  • 1.  What e-mail client do you use?

2.  Is it possible that these PCs are infected with a trojan, trying to send spam e-mail all day?
    Robin Walker
      I agree totally someone said this is possible the pc is infected with trojan, trying send spam e-mail. i was requested for this and 'Pc had 61 Trojans"
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:38 PM