none
I have no Sound!There are no Active Mixers Available. How do you install Mixer Devices.

Question

• I have no sound out of my speakers and I keep on getting the message (Volume Control) There are no active mxier devices available.  To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware.

I have tried to do this but I still do not have sound. What do I do?

• Moved by The March Hare Sunday, July 04, 2010 5:21 PM not about Media Foundation SDK (From:Media Foundation Development)
    Sunday, July 04, 2010 5:18 PM

Answers

• Hi PatriciaE,

First, please run Audio Troubleshooter to see if the issue can be resolved. To do so, go to Start, type audio in the Start Search box, and then click Find and fix audio playback problems.

If the issue persists after running the Audio Troubleshooter, please reinstall the sound card driver by the steps below:

1.     Click the Start Button, type Device Manager in the Search bar and press "Enter". Click Continue if necessary.

2.     Double click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers.

3.     Right click the sound card and click Uninstall.

4.     Restart the computer.

5.     Run Windows Update to see if the driver can be downloaded.

If the issue persists, move on to the steps below:

1.     Click the Start Button, type Device Manager in the Search bar and press "Enter". Click Continue if necessary.

2.     Double click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers.

3.     Right click the sound card and click Update Driver Software.

If the issue still exists, please check if the Windows Audio Service:

1.         Go to Start, type services.msc in the Start Search box and then press ENTER.

2.         Right click on the Windows Audio service and then click Restart.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, July 12, 2010 1:52 AM
    Tuesday, July 06, 2010 3:04 AM