none
Windows update error 80248007

Question

• Hi,

Decided to install windows 8 pro.

Have installed KB2734608 on the WSUS server (Win2k8R2 + SCCM 2012 + WSUS 3.0SP2)

Now when I try to update I get:

There was a problem getting the list of updates for you PC. To continue, please reopen Windows Update (Error Code: 80248007)

There is an update but it wont install. The update is the SCCM Client. When I click install update all I get is Failed: 1 update Errors found Code 80248007 Windows update ran into a problem.

Any ideas

Regards James Loker-Steele http://www.lokersteele.co.uk/

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:35 AM

Answers

• Open start and search for Action Center and then open troubleshooter there and run troubleshooter for Windows Update. Do these steps in the PC which you face the problem.
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:13 PM
  • Hi,

You can rename %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution to SoftwareDistribution.old for a test.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:46 AM

All replies

• Open start and search for Action Center and then open troubleshooter there and run troubleshooter for Windows Update. Do these steps in the PC which you face the problem.
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:13 PM
  • Hi,

You can rename %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution to SoftwareDistribution.old for a test.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:46 AM
  • IM having the same problem this is on a new pc just purchased and trying to update it.  Says 13 updates.  I have tried several times to download and install.  system installs shuts down, and restarts says configuring updates and hangs at 13% every time.  I even restored the computer back to the system default state with backup disks.  logged back on tried again and ran the trouble shooter you stated above. get the same error.  I really think this windows 8 updates are buggy or something.  I have tried everything and evening resetting the computer to default manufacturer settings.  Seriously not liking windows 8.
    • Proposed as answer by techlam Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:29 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by techlam Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:29 PM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:04 AM