none
Blue Screen Shutdown

Question

• I am using windows 7 in my Laptop HP Pavilion dv6. whenever i use internet explorer my laptop shutdown with blue screen. I have updated microsoft security center. It is working properly. But the problem still going on.

Please help me ......

Friday, December 28, 2012 11:31 AM

Answers

•  We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
    You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
    If you are overclocking stop.  (chances are if you dont know if you are, you are not)
    To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
    * Zip up the copy.
    * Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
     *Please upload them to a file sharing service like Skydrive or"Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
    Link for how to  upload below.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
    * Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
    * Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
    * Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
    * Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
    * OK your way out.
    * Reboot if changes have been made.

Please also run MSinfo32 and upload the output as well.
    To run MSinfo32 please go to start>run>MSinfo32
    Go to "file" "save" and upload the saved file with the DMPS
    (Instructions for XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8)
    Team Zigzag3143.com

MS-MVP 2010, 2011, 2012 Team ZigZag

Sunday, December 30, 2012 1:29 AM
  • Are you sure the HP drivers are installed ?

Are you sure the Security and critical update are installed ?

For more information, see Updates: frequently asked questions.

to prevent shutdown you can disable AUTOMATICALLY RESTART in path :

right click on my computer and select properies . then go to Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings and disable Automatically restart option!

But I have a funny experience with Blue screen ,:D

For example, One of the projects was a HDD problem and fix with chkdsk /f /r d:\   !!:D

please read http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

MCSE | MCITP [x2] | ISMS27001

Sunday, December 30, 2012 2:22 PM

All replies

•  We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
    You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
    If you are overclocking stop.  (chances are if you dont know if you are, you are not)
    To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
    * Zip up the copy.
    * Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
     *Please upload them to a file sharing service like Skydrive or"Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
    Link for how to  upload below.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
    * Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
    * Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
    * Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
    * Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
    * OK your way out.
    * Reboot if changes have been made.

Please also run MSinfo32 and upload the output as well.
    To run MSinfo32 please go to start>run>MSinfo32
    Go to "file" "save" and upload the saved file with the DMPS
    (Instructions for XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8)
    Team Zigzag3143.com

MS-MVP 2010, 2011, 2012 Team ZigZag

Sunday, December 30, 2012 1:29 AM
  • Are you sure the HP drivers are installed ?

Are you sure the Security and critical update are installed ?

For more information, see Updates: frequently asked questions.

to prevent shutdown you can disable AUTOMATICALLY RESTART in path :

right click on my computer and select properies . then go to Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings and disable Automatically restart option!

But I have a funny experience with Blue screen ,:D

For example, One of the projects was a HDD problem and fix with chkdsk /f /r d:\   !!:D

please read http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

MCSE | MCITP [x2] | ISMS27001

Sunday, December 30, 2012 2:22 PM
  • Hi,

Just as Zig said, in order to help you address the issue efficiently, you need to provide DMP files first.

Reagrds.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 31, 2012 6:24 AM