none
unblock application from running

Question

• I tried installing McAfee 2009 on my uncle's laptop running Win7 Home Premium and when it warned me that McAfee2009 is not compatible with Win7, I accidentally clicked to stop the installation and not allow it to be run again. I can see in Event Log that an application has been blocked from running. How can I undo this?
    Thursday, April 08, 2010 1:00 AM

Answers

• To be honest, I don not know of a way to block applictaions like that, let alone unblock. searching Mc Affe forums I found following advise:

Step 1: Copy the entire CD contents to a Folder . Right click the 'Autorun' or 'CD Setup' & select 'Troubleshoot Compatibility'.
    Step 2: Click Next or the Advanced option
    Step 3 : Select Troubleshoot Program
    Step 4 : Select 'The Program worked in earlier version of Windows but won't install or run now'.
    Step 5 : Select Windows Vista [Service Pack 1 or 2] & Click Next
    Step 6: Select 'Run Program or start program' . Download Manager should now continue.

MCSA/MCTS/MCP
    Thursday, April 08, 2010 12:41 PM

All replies

• I would not recommend installing an antivirus that is marked incompatible for your operating system. However, an updated version of 2009 should be supported. I would recommend contacting Mc Afee for obtainging a new version. If your copy is regsitered, you can even downlod a copy from https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Protected/Login.aspx
    MCSA/MCTS/MCP
    Thursday, April 08, 2010 10:10 AM
  • I have installed it before on several other computers, the installer downloads the latest binaries from the mcafee server and installs using those rather than off the cd. how can I unblock the setup from running?
    Thursday, April 08, 2010 11:35 AM
  • To be honest, I don not know of a way to block applictaions like that, let alone unblock. searching Mc Affe forums I found following advise:

Step 1: Copy the entire CD contents to a Folder . Right click the 'Autorun' or 'CD Setup' & select 'Troubleshoot Compatibility'.
    Step 2: Click Next or the Advanced option
    Step 3 : Select Troubleshoot Program
    Step 4 : Select 'The Program worked in earlier version of Windows but won't install or run now'.
    Step 5 : Select Windows Vista [Service Pack 1 or 2] & Click Next
    Step 6: Select 'Run Program or start program' . Download Manager should now continue.

MCSA/MCTS/MCP
    Thursday, April 08, 2010 12:41 PM