none
ReadyBoot error

Question

• I keep getting an error:

Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Under the source: Kernel-EventTracing

This is on a Windows 7, 64 bit system.

I have searched the internet and MS to find it and come up with nothing.  Please help.

Thanks

Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Solution from Microsoft here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2001347

Regards from www.windowsadmin.info

[If this answer helps you to resolve the issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. This will help others to find the answers faster]

ManuPhilip
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:54 AM
  • Thank you for your reply. It helped
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 5:11 AM
  • Am having the same problem on a new Dell XPS 8100 desktop running OEM Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core-i7 860 @ 2.8 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 350W PSU, ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1 TB HDD, "Dell" mobo). Everything is fully patched and up-to-date with the latest versions recommended by Dell, including OS, BIOS and drivers. The MS article referenced above is **no**t a solution -- it merely states (incorrectly) that this is not a problem for the system. Well, YES, it *is* a problem, because I am experiencing a total system crash (black screen) when it happens. I have to reboot by push/hold the power button on the tower. This is unacceptable. After enduring video hardware/OS crashes, backup issues and a host of problems on my Vista Ult 32-bit system, this new computer was supposed to work properly and Windows 7 was supposed to be STABLE. These power issues are completely unacceptable. Please advise as to when a fix will be available and what I can do in the mean time to avoid having critical system crashes doing mundane computer tasks (creating Word documents, etc). Thank you, rm
    Desktop 1: Win 7 Ult (64); Desktop 2: Win Vista Ult SP2 (32); Laptop: Win 7 Pro (32);
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 6:16 AM
  • Did you ever get an answer to your statement, my new PC, crashes at random, your story sounds VERY familiar, also I7 

are the errors related or is there more??

Monday, September 13, 2010 1:25 PM
  • The link to the MSFT KB posted by Manu is useless. It's not an answer, as daledoc1's entry that follows his clearly shows.

This may be a symptom of a more serious issue he experienced. I have been experiencing the same issues as well. My Dell Vostro 3550 running Windows 7 64-bit is behaving as though its power settings and sleep cycles were overwritten. Another interesting phenomena is that attempting to return settings to the last working restore point fails to complete due to a missing file.

In addition to the computer crashing, it fails to sleep when it should. It also fails to awake from sleep when it should (keyboard lights up after opening the laptop from a closed position, but the screen stays black and cannot be turned on), forcing the user to perform a hard reboot. System diagnostics run in SafeBoot mode, or repair attempts from the Win 7 install CD have failed to resolve the issue, which is beginning to take a toll on my sanity. 

• Edited by Jonezen Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:39 PM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:38 PM
  • I have the same exact problem :( Did you find a solution for it? My pc random shuts down with same errors

Kind Regards - Phillip Green

5 hours 1 minutes ago