none
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C cannot read disk in window 7, my computer feezing

Question

• i just install the new samsung TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C on my pc, the windows 7 are able to recognize the drive, but when i tried to read any disk, then the My Computer hang. tried many times of uninstalling but the problem still exist. all cable checked without problem. Even booting in bios also can't read any disk. 
    Sunday, December 05, 2010 4:18 PM

Answers

• This issue occurs if the multi disk installation has added filter drivers that are not compatible with the NEC drive in the DVD driver. I suggest that you follow the steps below to remove the filter drivers.

Step1: Delete filter driver
    =====================

1. Click "Start", in the Start Search box type "regedit" and press Enter. 
    2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click on "Class", click "Export"; please name the file as "RegBackup" (without quotation marks) and then save it to the C:\ drive as a backup.

Note: In case we need to undo the modification, we can double click this RegBackup.reg file to restore the registry key.

4. Highlight this key, on the right pane, check if the "Upperfilters" and "Lowerfilters" values are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

After deleting filter drivers, please reload the drivers.

Step2: Reinstall driver
    =====================

1. Click "Start", in the Start Search box type "devmgmt.msc" and press "Enter".
    2. Expand "DVD/CDROM Drives".
    3. Right click the listed DVD/CD-ROM, and click "Uninstall". Please uninstall all devices.
    4. Restart the computer.

The drivers will be loaded automatically.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, December 07, 2010 9:31 AM

All replies

• This issue occurs if the multi disk installation has added filter drivers that are not compatible with the NEC drive in the DVD driver. I suggest that you follow the steps below to remove the filter drivers.

Step1: Delete filter driver
    =====================

1. Click "Start", in the Start Search box type "regedit" and press Enter. 
    2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click on "Class", click "Export"; please name the file as "RegBackup" (without quotation marks) and then save it to the C:\ drive as a backup.

Note: In case we need to undo the modification, we can double click this RegBackup.reg file to restore the registry key.

4. Highlight this key, on the right pane, check if the "Upperfilters" and "Lowerfilters" values are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

After deleting filter drivers, please reload the drivers.

Step2: Reinstall driver
    =====================

1. Click "Start", in the Start Search box type "devmgmt.msc" and press "Enter".
    2. Expand "DVD/CDROM Drives".
    3. Right click the listed DVD/CD-ROM, and click "Uninstall". Please uninstall all devices.
    4. Restart the computer.

The drivers will be loaded automatically.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, December 07, 2010 9:31 AM
  • I have the same problem wit the same device and windows 7. I thank you but this didn't fix anything. Is there further solutions or not ? Please help me :).
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 10:03 PM
  • I have the same problem with the Samsung TSST SH-223C, but on XP. First I can't make anytime the CD recognized, but sometimes after a restart I can get the CD-Rom. But many times even I can't make to recognized the CD-Rom.

<textarea style="height: 80px; width: 444px; padding: 2px; border: 1px solid rgba(7, 0, 0, 0);"></textarea><select><option value="af">Afrikaans</option><option value="sq">Albanian</option><option value="ar">Arabic</option><option value="hy">Armenian</option><option value="az">Azerbaijani</option><option value="eu">Basque</option><option value="be">Belarusian</option><option value="bg">Bulgarian</option><option value="ca">Catalan</option><option value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)</option><option value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)</option><option value="hr">Croatian</option><option value="cs">Czech</option><option value="da">Danish</option><option selected="selected" value="auto">Detect language</option><option value="nl">Dutch</option><option value="en">English</option><option value="et">Estonian</option><option value="tl">Filipino</option><option value="fi">Finnish</option><option value="fr">French</option><option value="gl">Galician</option><option value="ka">Georgian</option><option value="de">German</option><option value="el">Greek</option><option value="ht">Haitian Creole</option><option value="iw">Hebrew</option><option value="hi">Hindi</option><option value="hu">Hungarian</option><option value="is">Icelandic</option><option value="id">Indonesian</option><option value="ga">Irish</option><option value="it">Italian</option><option value="ja">Japanese</option><option value="ko">Korean</option><option value="la">Latin</option><option value="lv">Latvian</option><option value="lt">Lithuanian</option><option value="mk">Macedonian</option><option value="ms">Malay</option><option value="mt">Maltese</option><option value="no">Norwegian</option><option value="fa">Persian</option><option value="pl">Polish</option><option value="pt">Portuguese</option><option value="ro">Romanian</option><option value="ru">Russian</option><option value="sr">Serbian</option><option value="sk">Slovak</option><option value="sl">Slovenian</option><option value="es">Spanish</option><option value="sw">Swahili</option><option value="sv">Swedish</option><option value="th">Thai</option><option value="tr">Turkish</option><option value="uk">Ukrainian</option><option value="ur">Urdu</option><option value="vi">Vietnamese</option><option value="cy">Welsh</option><option value="yi">Yiddish</option></select><select><option value="af">Afrikaans</option><option value="sq">Albanian</option><option value="ar">Arabic</option><option value="hy">Armenian</option><option value="az">Azerbaijani</option><option value="eu">Basque</option><option value="be">Belarusian</option><option value="bg">Bulgarian</option><option value="ca">Catalan</option><option value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)</option><option value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)</option><option value="hr">Croatian</option><option value="cs">Czech</option><option value="da">Danish</option><option value="nl">Dutch</option><option value="en">English</option><option value="et">Estonian</option><option value="tl">Filipino</option><option value="fi">Finnish</option><option value="fr">French</option><option value="gl">Galician</option><option value="ka">Georgian</option><option value="de">German</option><option value="el">Greek</option><option value="ht">Haitian Creole</option><option value="iw">Hebrew</option><option value="hi">Hindi</option><option selected="selected" value="hu">Hungarian</option><option value="is">Icelandic</option><option value="id">Indonesian</option><option value="ga">Irish</option><option value="it">Italian</option><option value="ja">Japanese</option><option value="ko">Korean</option><option value="la">Latin</option><option value="lv">Latvian</option><option value="lt">Lithuanian</option><option value="mk">Macedonian</option><option value="ms">Malay</option><option value="mt">Maltese</option><option value="no">Norwegian</option><option value="fa">Persian</option><option value="pl">Polish</option><option value="pt">Portuguese</option><option value="ro">Romanian</option><option value="ru">Russian</option><option value="sr">Serbian</option><option value="sk">Slovak</option><option value="sl">Slovenian</option><option value="es">Spanish</option><option value="sw">Swahili</option><option value="sv">Swedish</option><option value="th">Thai</option><option value="tr">Turkish</option><option value="uk">Ukrainian</option><option value="ur">Urdu</option><option value="vi">Vietnamese</option><option value="cy">Welsh</option><option value="yi">Yiddish</option></select>
    Detect language » Hungarian
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 3:51 PM
  • TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C 

Same problem here, i know its kind of late, did someone ever come up with any solution about this? i did follow step 1 deleting the filters but it so happened i dont have them in my registry key. i did step 2. still the same, did a firmware update but still, its not working. i really need help here.

Thank you 
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 4:56 AM
  • Thanks a lot. This was helpful to me. I've had this PC & DVD-burner for approx 6 months. all of a sudden today I couldn't find neither my DVD-drive nor the drive created by Daemon.

I tried every trick in the book, known to me, but with no result.

But following your directions did the trick

So once again. Thanks a lot ! ! !

Monday, June 27, 2011 1:46 AM
  • worked for me too thanks
    Friday, July 22, 2011 7:09 AM
  •  

Ola 

meu computador apresentou esses mesmos problemas... Eu cumpri todos os passos apresentados nesse tutorial do Arthur Xie(MSFT CSG) Moderador. . . Meu computador reconheceu o driver de DVD logo após eu reiniciar a maquina, mas quando coloquei um CD original a unidade de DVD deixou de aparecer novamente.

vocês podem me ajudar por favor?
    • Edited by JoãoBento Saturday, September 10, 2011 1:21 AM
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 1:15 AM
  • EXCELENTE.!!   Tenía el problema que mi Windows 7 no reconocía los Drivers, después de haberlos estado utilizando.  Busqué los drivers del fabricante pero no los encontré.    

Utilicé el procedimiento indicado y funcionó a la perfección...  Muchas gracias.

GREAT !!  I had this problem.  My windows 7 did not recognized SH-S223c driver and another one i had installed. I surfed the web looking for original drivers but I did not find them. 

I tried the steps indicated and worked fine for me!!  Thanks a lot.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 4:39 AM
  • there is no modify option when i right click class
    Sunday, July 15, 2012 12:11 PM
  • GRACIAS.... 
    Saturday, January 05, 2013 11:47 PM