none
Installing Windows 7 on a dynamic disk

Question

• Hi,
    Here's my situation, I have two hard drives, the first has three partitions, a primary partition for Windows XP, a second partition that I want to install Windows 7 on, and a third partition with 8MB of space which is some kind of recovery partition by the manufacturer. The second hard drive is for data and games.

So I tried to install Windows 7 on the second partition, I booted into the DVD and click advanced installation, the second hard drive and the second partition are marked as dynamic and when I click on them it says that I can't install Windows 7. When I click on the primary partition that has Windows XP the continue button is activated again.

My question is, can I convert the dynamic disk to a basic disk without losing any data on the Windows XP partition? I don't care about data on the second partition since I was going to install Windows 7 on it anyway.
    Also, is there anyway to install Windows 7 without converting since I'm looking for the least amount of headache.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:53 AM

Answers

All replies