none
Windows XP Serv pack 3 mapping net work drive

Question

• All at once I can not map a drive to a computer I once had connected to.

I am trying to connect from XP to Win 7.   I was able to connect until the user left employment and since then we have not been able to map the drive.  We get a window asking for an ID and Password.  We have tried every know ID and associated password. 

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:38 AM

All replies

• Use an administrative user that has permission to log in on the win7 computer, that will let you log in to create your map drive.  If you don't know this try logging into the win7 and reset the password.  You need to change a group policy if the admin user password is blank as it is not enable by default to allow blank password logins, but its much easier to just set a password, and more secure.

If you cant get on the win7 at all then you'll need to reset the password, which you can find the files to burn to a disk on-line.  Or if you have an IT dept or company that setup your computer they have have a record of the admin user password.

Was anything changed on the computer since the employee left?  Is there a chance they could have changed something?

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:45 AM