none
Application Compatibility Guidance for Coda-XL and Windows 7

Question

• I'm helping a customer with their migration to Windows 7.  Our customer uses a business-critical add-in for Excel called Coda-XL, which runs on Java 1.3.1_09.  The plugin works for Office 2003 and Office 2007 on Windows XP machines.  But the plugin crashes Excel 2007 when used with Windows 7. 

The add-in consists of a .xla file and points to another file called iDriver.exe.

The vendor for this product no longer provides support.

Can you give me the best approach one would take when using the Compatibility Administrator to see if we can help to generate a fix? 

MCITP Windows 7 MCTS Windows Server 2008
    Friday, November 19, 2010 5:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Microsoft does not have Java development support. If you want to discuss this kind of topics, I suggest you go to third party Java forums.

If you would like to make changes in Excel in order to test the compatibility of the plug-in, please discuss in the following forum.

Excel IT Pro Discussions 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 22, 2010 5:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Microsoft does not have Java development support. If you want to discuss this kind of topics, I suggest you go to third party Java forums.

If you would like to make changes in Excel in order to test the compatibility of the plug-in, please discuss in the following forum.

Excel IT Pro Discussions 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 22, 2010 5:42 AM
  • What version of Coda XL are you using?
    Friday, February 24, 2012 10:41 PM