none
Is there a way to get rid of the CTRL+ALT+DEL screen on windows 7

Question

• Hi all

i am wondering if there is any way to disable CTRL+ALT+DEL in wondows 7, what happened is i installed VMware and install windows 200 server on it, when i start the application if asking for CTRL+ALT+DEL for security reason in wondows 2000 but when i am pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL it switching windows 7 sceen to CTRL+ALT+DEL screen which show bunch of option like Logout/taskmanager/bla bla bla.

pleaes advice how i can turn this screen off.

thanks

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:11 PM

Answers

• The log on issue is related to W2K - How To Enable Automatic Logon in Windows 2000 Professional

Preventing the Password Prompt in a Non-Domain System

1. In Control Panel, double-click Users and Passwords.
    2. Click to clear the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer check box.

NOTE: This option does not appear on a system that is a member of a domain.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Click to clear the Require users to press Ctrl-Alt-Del before logging on check box

MowGreen Update Services - Consumer Security
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:22 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The log on issue is related to W2K - How To Enable Automatic Logon in Windows 2000 Professional

Preventing the Password Prompt in a Non-Domain System

1. In Control Panel, double-click Users and Passwords.
    2. Click to clear the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer check box.

NOTE: This option does not appear on a system that is a member of a domain.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Click to clear the Require users to press Ctrl-Alt-Del before logging on check box

MowGreen Update Services - Consumer Security
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:22 PM
    Answerer
  • Check the VMware documentation for sending interupts commands (like Ctrl+Alt+Del), Ctrl + Alt + Insert is the key combination to invoke the Ctrl+Alt+Del on the guest. Typically you can send this key combination by pressing similar key combinations.  

http://www.petri.co.il/virtual_vmware_keyboard_shortcuts.htm

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:17 PM