none
What are the key limitations of a Windows 7 Workgroup?

Question

• Hey i know this may seem like a dumb question but  can any one explain to me about the limitations of a windows seven workgroup are?

Sunday, April 18, 2010 1:27 PM

Answers

• According to this the usual limit is 20 machines. Check your license terms to make sure though. Go to Start > Run and type winver at the command line. Click on Microsoft Software License Terms and look at Section 3 e. The example is from my Win 7 Home Premium machine.

MS-MVP Windows Desktop Experience, "When all else fails, read the instructions"
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, April 26, 2010 9:21 AM
    Monday, April 19, 2010 11:53 AM

All replies

• You question is very unclear.  Exactly what are you looking for and exactly what version of Windows 7 are you using?
    Sunday, April 18, 2010 1:34 PM
  • windows 7 professional 64 -bit and i want to know what the limitations for permissions and the amount of computers you can join up in the workgroup?
    Sunday, April 18, 2010 2:08 PM
  • According to this the usual limit is 20 machines. Check your license terms to make sure though. Go to Start > Run and type winver at the command line. Click on Microsoft Software License Terms and look at Section 3 e. The example is from my Win 7 Home Premium machine.

MS-MVP Windows Desktop Experience, "When all else fails, read the instructions"
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, April 26, 2010 9:21 AM
    Monday, April 19, 2010 11:53 AM