none
Windows 7 dcomcnfg missing application

Question

• In Windows XP, there is a listing for "Microsoft Excel Application" which I have configured for use on my desktop.  I have a new laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium.  There is no entry for "Microsoft Excel Application" in dcomcnfg.  Can someone help me find it?  Or if I have to add it, how do you do that?  My laptop has Windows 2007 Enterprise 2007 installed on it so Excel is there.
    Thursday, January 07, 2010 5:47 PM

Answers

• First, please let us know if there is any other entry for your Office components, such as Microsoft Acess Application. 

In my opinion, it's better to repair install your Office components. You can refer to the following KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924611 

After you repair the Office components, please check if you get the entry for the "Microsoft Excel Application" in Component Services. 

I hope this can help you.
    John
    Friday, January 08, 2010 7:42 AM

All replies

• First, please let us know if there is any other entry for your Office components, such as Microsoft Acess Application. 

In my opinion, it's better to repair install your Office components. You can refer to the following KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924611 

After you repair the Office components, please check if you get the entry for the "Microsoft Excel Application" in Component Services. 

I hope this can help you.
    John
    Friday, January 08, 2010 7:42 AM
  • Hi,

I was also not able to locate the Microsoft Excel Application in DCOMCNFG. After lots of brain boggling I did the following steps to make my application running.

1. In DCOMCNFG, right click on the My Computer and select properties.
    2. Choose the COM Securities tab
    3. In Access Permissions, click "Edit Defaults" and add Network Service to it and give it "Allow local access" permission. Do the same for <Machine_name>\Users.
    4. In launch and Activation Permissions, click "Edit Defaults" and add Network Service to it and give it "Local launch" and "Local Activation" permission. Do the same for <Machine_name>\Users

Press OK and thats it. i can run my application now.

Hope this works for you.

• Proposed as answer by irfangani Sunday, January 24, 2010 2:36 PM
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 1:44 PM
  • Though this is an old query there is still no perfect answer here. In a hope it would help those who land in this having this problem. If repairing Office or changing user access at Start - Run - DCOMCNFG as suggested doesn't work for you, follow the below steps.

my assumption you have 64-bit OS and 32-bit Office Application.

• Start – Run
    • MMC -32 (for 32-bit office application) or MMC -64 (for 64-bit office application)
    • File – Add/Remove Snap-in
    • Select Component Services from Available snap-ins on the left-hand side
    • Add – OK
    • Console Root (on left-hand side frame)
    • Component Services – Computers – My Computer – DCOM Config
    • You may find Microsoft Office Excel Application in here.

The above answer was referenced from,

http://forums.asp.net/t/1110648.aspx/1?Cannot+find+Microsoft+Word+Application+in+DCOM

Subash.S

• Proposed as answer by Subash.S Monday, February 20, 2012 2:25 PM
    Monday, February 20, 2012 2:25 PM