none
'The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context' Service Pack 3

Question

• Everytime I try and install service pack 3, it reaches the performing inventory part of the installation then gives the error 'The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context'. I have tried searching for a solution however all I find is relation to Internet Explorer 7 which I don't have installed anyway.
    Saturday, August 30, 2008 2:17 PM

Answers

• I have fixed my problem by following the advance troubleshooting procedure in article 949377, to reset the registry and file permissions.
    Monday, October 27, 2008 8:04 AM

All replies

•  monty_123 wrote:
    Everytime I try and install service pack 3, it reaches the performing inventory part of the installation then gives the error 'The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context'. I have tried searching for a solution however all I find is relation to Internet Explorer 7 which I don't have installed anyway.

I have the same problem after downloading and trying to install SP3 from the full service pack as recommended in article 949377 . I started from the ACCESS DENIED situation and followed method 1.
    Monday, September 01, 2008 7:21 PM
  •  

I am getting the same error.  Has anyone figured out how to resolve this?
    Saturday, October 04, 2008 5:05 PM
  • I have fixed my problem by following the advance troubleshooting procedure in article 949377, to reset the registry and file permissions.
    Monday, October 27, 2008 8:04 AM