none
WDS Error Code:0xc1420127

Question

• I am trying to add a network driver to a 64 bit Windows 7 boot image.  I get the error:

Error Occurred while trying to execute this command.

Error Code: 0xc1420127

The driver is for an HP 8540p.  I was able to add drivers to it before but it seems like anything 64 bit won't take.  I've deleted and reinstalled the image to no avail.  I've tried adding drivers with dism and that hasn't resolved either.

Please help!
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• To S.buss

Before you begin make sure you should export a copy of the image out of wds and re-add it in as a copy so the image does not curropt during this process.

Please have a look at another post i replied to: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistadeployment/thread/383a981d-2b2d-42fd-a023-cc0f52e0ff6f/#832f6e83-9b2a-40bc-a7c8-7960efa312ac 

Please give those suggestions a go, if not the driver could be currupt, i assume you have already redownloaded the driver and tried to add it?

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks from Sam Playford

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:18 PM
  • I just encountered this error today also, It's for a Dell PC, but I got the error so I re-downloaded and added the drivers, but I still get the error.  I even added a new boot image to try that and still won't work.
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:55 PM
  • For anyone else with this problem I think I figured out the solution.  I had to go into the WDS folder and under Stores, I deleted the drivers folder.  (i had to stop the WDS service first)  Afterwards, I restarted the service and was able to add drivers once again.  I know it's an old subject but I wanted to reply since I couldnt find an answer out there when I encountered this.

Jon

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 8:55 PM
  • If you were trying to add a driver to a boot wim and it failed resulting in that error code the following may help.

1. Clear all your temp directorys.

2. Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WIMMount\Mounted Images" and delete any keys below this.

WDS should now allow you to add drivers to the boot.wim.

Friday, January 14, 2011 11:14 PM
  • Start WDS as administrator (right click, Run As Administrator)
    Wednesday, February 09, 2011 12:50 PM
  • If you were trying to add a driver to a boot wim and it failed resulting in that error code the following may help.

2. Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WIMMount\Mounted Images" and delete any keys below this.

Genius.
    Wednesday, March 02, 2011 4:02 PM
  • Worked for me.

Issue I think was driver extracted with Driver Magic Lite.

Pulled down correct drivers adn no issues.

Thursday, March 03, 2011 9:51 PM
  • i also had this problem - It froze in the middle of adding drivers to the boot image file.  I had to force close and the next time I went to add it, that error code came up.  It also said (when trying to delete it to re-create) that it was in use by another program.

However that cured my problem !

Cheers RossDinsdale!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:09 PM
  • i also had this problem - It froze in the middle of adding drivers to the boot image file.  I had to force close and the next time I went to add it, that error code came up.  It also said (when trying to delete it to re-create) that it was in use by another program.

However that cured my problem !

Cheers RossDinsdale!

Exactly this reason happened here while adding a driverpackage to the bootimage..

With the deleted entry's of the registry allows me to add drivers again, but the package i wanted to add, still corrupted my Boot.wim file...

Conclusion for me is that it isnt an entire solution.

Cheers

Monday, May 16, 2011 1:10 PM

Genius.
    Super Nice work mate. ive tried every thing! was about to reinstall my wds when i found this! :) it works great..
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:46 PM

Brilliant.  Thank you!  Been tackling this for nearly a year.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:41 PM

Worked Great Thanks.
    Monday, June 06, 2011 3:12 PM
  • Hello!

Unfortunately dosen't work. As I think this is architecture problem.

Server Win2k8 R2 Enterprise SP1 RU.

WDS Role Installed. With Windows 7 Enterprise x64-based boot&install images WDS working very well. Network drivers (x64) was added succesfully into x64-based boot image. Also after oobe preparation vga-drivers (x64) was added successfully to install.wim (with DISM /add-driver utility).

Now I need to deploy x86-based Windows 7 Enterprise. Boot and install images was added to the server without any probles. It is necessary to add  network x86 driver package to x86 Windows 7 Enterprise boot.wim. But I have problems during adding drivers:

Error Code:0xC1420127

As you can see x64 images can be added wery well. 

How can I resolve the promblem? Can anybody help?

Thank you.

• Proposed as answer by Felipe Kley Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:32 AM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 9:09 AM
  • It´s work but the wds now froze in the middle of adding drivers, So i've to force close the wds.

I just don´t now how to fix.

I Clear all your temp directorys and Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WIMMount\Mounted Images" and delete any keys below this.

But the wds froze...

Help!!!! 

• Proposed as answer by 1337-wizard Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:59 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by 1337-wizard Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:27 PM
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:32 AM
  • You RAWK!!!!!
    Friday, December 30, 2011 4:17 AM

Works !! :)

Thnx

rgds Sven
    Tuesday, January 03, 2012 4:58 PM

Cheers! - hit the spot

• Edited by xdg Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:22 PM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:22 PM

This is the solution for me, Thank you!!
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:32 PM
  • Use WAIK

DTCP dism /get-mountedwiminfo

and unmount mounted boot.wim image.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:48 AM

Worked!
    Monday, March 19, 2012 10:11 PM
  • It's not very often that the answer on these forums is so concise and easy to implement. This worked for me also. Thanks.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:28 PM

Excellent!
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:28 PM
  • This should be the answer...

C#/VB.NET -- Mark the best replies as answers.

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 7:18 AM

This is the answer. Great job. I did not need to complete step 1, just step 2.
    Thursday, May 03, 2012 1:58 AM
  • Great its working for me ... :)

Genius

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 6:15 AM
  • worked for me!  Thanks!
    Monday, July 16, 2012 8:08 PM

Genius.

Worked for me, thanks!
    Thursday, August 02, 2012 1:15 PM
  • Thanks for this add.  For me works perfect!
    Thursday, November 08, 2012 10:54 PM
  • Hi,

you are too brilliant to expree.. amazingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.................................

Monday, November 19, 2012 7:52 AM

Hi,

you are too brilliant to expree.. amazingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.................................

Monday, November 19, 2012 7:53 AM
  • SUPER! Worked for me!

VitalB

Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:03 PM
  • But can anyone explain me what causes this? Unsigned drivers? Anything else? Ideas?

rgds Sven

Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:33 AM
  • Thanks ,I've fixed this problem
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:20 AM
  • It´s work but the wds now froze in the middle of adding drivers, So i've to force close the wds.

I just don´t now how to fix.

I Clear all your temp directorys and Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WIMMount\Mounted Images" and delete any keys below this.

But the wds froze...

Help!!!! 

Obrigado pela resposta, excluindo as chaves resolvi meu problema
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:15 PM

I know this is an old topic, but this issue just happened to me. An this is the solution that worked. Thanks much!
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:08 PM
  • thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu 
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 6:52 AM
  • Hi,I also had the same issue
    Because I feared deleting the registry  records off  course , i can backup before.
    First I copied the WIM file of the BOOT for backup and recreated a new boot image from that wim.
    And than i  added the additional drivers (network) for boot to new wim.

thanks,

Israel Chemo

Monday, September 08, 2014 2:51 PM