none
Windows 8.1 upgrde caused printers to disappear

Question

• Hi!

I finally upgraded my Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 this weekend. That was exciting. However, I'm finding that the upgrade has caused all of my printers to disappear! This includes my home printer, university network printers, Send to PDF tools, and the Send to OneNote tool, which were all working until the upgrade. All my physical printers are gone from Printers and Devices. The virtual printers are still listed, but they don't work either.

Can someone please help me figure out how to restore my printers, especially the Send to Microsoft OneNote 15 driver (or revert to Windows 8)?

Other possibly pertinent information:

1) When I try to "Add a Printer" from Devices and Printers, it says "Windows can't open Add Printer. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper."

2) When I try to print into OneNote 2013, OneNote keeps guessing that I should be downloading http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11816 to solve the issue, but that download fails to install because it only works up to Windows 7.

3) I'm running on a Lenovo Yoga IdeaPad

Thank you for your generous time.

Monday, November 18, 2013 1:32 PM

Answers

All replies