none
CPU NORMAL TEMPERATURE

Question

• I would like to know what a normal temperature range is for a laptop.  I downloaded some software (cupid HW Monitor) and its showing a core temp of 34 Celsius.  Is tata a normal operating temperature?
    Wednesday, June 09, 2010 12:43 AM

Answers

• There is no "normal"  temperature for CPU. It depends on what you are doing on your computer. For example, it will produce more heat while gaming and it doesn't create much heat for browsing the computer.

Also, here is an article regarding maximum CPU temperature for your reference: What is my Computers Maximum CPU Temperature?

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If you would like to know more information about your CPU temperature, it is recommended checking the CPU user manual or contacting the CPU manufacturer directly for assistance.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 8:22 AM

All replies

• On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 00:43:21 +0000, tascott1 wrote:

> I would like to know what a normal temperature range is for a laptop. I downloaded some software (cupid HW Monitor) and its showing a core temp of 34 Celsius. Is tata a normal operating temperature?

Yes, that's good--on the low side.

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003

Ken Blake
    Wednesday, June 09, 2010 1:03 AM
  • There is no "normal"  temperature for CPU. It depends on what you are doing on your computer. For example, it will produce more heat while gaming and it doesn't create much heat for browsing the computer.

Also, here is an article regarding maximum CPU temperature for your reference: What is my Computers Maximum CPU Temperature?

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If you would like to know more information about your CPU temperature, it is recommended checking the CPU user manual or contacting the CPU manufacturer directly for assistance.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 8:22 AM