none
.NET Runtime Optimization Services causing high CPU Usage

Question

• From time to time my computer gives me an error 'high CPU usage" that is usually putting my PC at 90%. Always over 80% at least. The sad part is that most of the time when it happens I literally have nothing running. For example, I just wiped my hard drive clean. Fully clean install of Win 7 Ultimate. All day I have been downloading the updates (service pack, etc.). Once those were complete I installed Norton and then Chrome, Skype, DropBox, MSN, all relevant adobe products (PDF Reader, flash, etc.). In other words, really nothing is installed on the computer. I have not used any of the items I have downloaded except chrome because my computer has never liked IE (and you may recall that issue from way back while I was still at Wells).

So I started googeling around and found that I am not the only one with this issue. 
    The thing is none of those blogs make any sense... or have truly pinpointed what to do. Here are my Computer Specs:

Win 7 Ultimate
    Service Pack 1
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.2GHz
    RAM: 4GB
    64 Bit Operating System

I don't know if some type of graphic options may be contributing to this issue... or what even to explore anymore. I am really at loss. I thought it may be my hard drive that was failing for the past month or two (or the fan) but clearly it is not anything even remotely close to what I thought. I even considered malware or viruses... not applicable in this case either.

Also 
    mscorsvw.exe is not a service that is running on the PC. 

I am desperate to resolve this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Sunday, February 19, 2012 4:10 AM

Answers

All replies