none
Uninstall SP1 on Windows 7

Question

• How to uninstall SP1 on windows 7 when I already cleared my windows update history by using "%windir%\SoftwareDistribution\" into the "Run" menu.Then clearing the "DataStore" folder.  And there is no longer to appear "uninstall" to "Control Panel/Progams/Progams and Features/Installed updates" when I suppose to uninstall?

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 5:04 PM

Answers

• Rick, don't be so harsh. A version of SP1 beta was sent to selected testers and apparently leaked into the web (SP1, v.178), quickly discovered by enthusiasts. To the OP: Even if you are one of these testers, you should read the installation instructions before evaluating. If you deleted all references to the update (in "Installed Updates" there should appear "Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB976932)" and "Update for Microsoft Windows (KB976902)"), you may have to completely reinstall Windows again. (You should have made a system backup before, anyway - if so, restoring the OS to the original state isn't a big issue.) You could try to reinstall the SP1 beta a second time and then remove it by clicking "uninstall" at the "Installed Updates", in hope that it removes the traces from the first try, too. But I don't know if this works.

Btw, the files from RTM that were replaced during the SP1 beta install are in \Windows\winsxs\Backup. If you find a way to restore them from this location, be my guest. But, as a general rule: Don't install pre-release software if you don't know what to do in the case of failures.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” (Thomas J. Watson, Sr.)
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:26 PM

All replies

• There is no legally available copy of Win 7 SP1.  Microsoft will start Beta testing next month.  So, if the is no SP1, then you cannot uninstall something that doesn't exist.

What makes you think you have a Windows 7 SP1?

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 5:56 PM
  • On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:04:17 +0000, Lemuel P. Nolasco wrote:

How to uninstall SP1 on windows 7

SP1 doesn't exist yet. What makes you think you have it? Where did you
    get whatever you have?

when I already cleared my windows update history by using "%windir%\SoftwareDistribution\" into the "Run" menu.Then clearing the "DataStore" folder.  And there is no longer to appear "uninstall" to "Control Panel/Progams/Progams and Features/Installed updates" when I suppose to uninstall?

Ken Blake
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:07 PM
  • Rick, don't be so harsh. A version of SP1 beta was sent to selected testers and apparently leaked into the web (SP1, v.178), quickly discovered by enthusiasts. To the OP: Even if you are one of these testers, you should read the installation instructions before evaluating. If you deleted all references to the update (in "Installed Updates" there should appear "Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB976932)" and "Update for Microsoft Windows (KB976902)"), you may have to completely reinstall Windows again. (You should have made a system backup before, anyway - if so, restoring the OS to the original state isn't a big issue.) You could try to reinstall the SP1 beta a second time and then remove it by clicking "uninstall" at the "Installed Updates", in hope that it removes the traces from the first try, too. But I don't know if this works.

Btw, the files from RTM that were replaced during the SP1 beta install are in \Windows\winsxs\Backup. If you find a way to restore them from this location, be my guest. But, as a general rule: Don't install pre-release software if you don't know what to do in the case of failures.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” (Thomas J. Watson, Sr.)
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:26 PM
  • Q:  How to uninstall SP1 on windows 7

Above mansection is Q ?

Sanmartin Answer is not related to Q?

Monday, May 21, 2012 10:07 AM