none
Crash dumps & Blue Screens

Question

• Hello,

Last week my pc just started crashing to reboot for no known ( i didnt do anything to make it happen) reason. I figured the simplest way to correct this was to restore the system to a dya or two before the crashes began. I have not had any problem while im operating so far, but each night my anti-virus does its sweep and causes a crash, leaving the computer to explain a unexpected shutdown... To be honest I never had problems until i was forced to change my XP for Vista , and am unknowledgable in the Vista troubleshooting regard. Any help that will get me a stable system will be appreciated.

Here is the latest crash info:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 124

BCP1: 00000000

BCP2: 867DE020

BCP3: B66F2000

BCP4: 00000135

OS Version: 6_0_6002

Service Pack: 2_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini081910-01.dmp

C:\Users\Max\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-3038525-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\Max\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9DB5.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:

Thursday, August 19, 2010 12:06 PM

All replies

• What anti-virus are you using?
    Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

You could try running the windows debugging tools to try and find out the root cause of your problem. The information you posted above specifies that a system-dump file was created. This dump file can be analysed using the debugging tools and a potential source for the error identified. There is an explanation on how to do it here.

Hope this helps, if you need more specific information please do post again.

Cathal

Cathal O'Brien BSc, PgDip, PhD . Techsmart IT Support | Computer Repairs
    Wednesday, June 08, 2011 7:14 AM
  • The Stop 0x124 (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR) indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    According to the value of the first parameter, a machine check exception occurred.

Donwload and run the software that you can find at the following web address

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

It will scan your hard drive looking for crash dump files and collecting as much informations as possible about the system crashes, listing the involved modules too; post more details here so we can try to suggest you a solution.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 11:14 PM