none
Turn off Caps Lock Notification

Question

• I have a Compaq Presario CQ56-122NR Notebook running windows 7. I want to disable the caps lock notification that appears when I press the caps key on my LOGIN SCREEN when either the computer is locked or when first booting up. I'm not worried about the bubbles that pop up on the desk top when the num lock, caps lock...etc, buttons are pressed because I don't get those. I've read through the other threads and none of the solutions apply to this problem. When entering passwords for your computer, I believe, it's useful information to people within eyeshot of your screen to know that your password is typed with the caps lock on. I think it's stupid to blab that info to anyone who may want access to your computer with a description of how your password is entered. Not the end of the world, just one more thing to piece it together... Wincomm does not exist in my comp, the Hotkey toggle switch doesn't solve this, nor do any of the other suggestions. So I'm looking for a brand new solution to a new problem here from you guys who have way more smarts than I do. Also, if it's not possible (or even if it is) to disable this useless feature, I would like to know if any of you uber smart peeps could tell me how to replace the "CAPS LOCK IS ON" message with my own personal message, that would be great! Maybe it has something to do with editing the script but i have no idea how to get there or even where to start. So, in advance, I thank anyone of you who has any information on how to help me here. Please remember that previous solutions do not apply to this annoyance. I look forward to your new, unique response!!!
    Monday, January 07, 2013 1:43 AM

All replies

•     I have a Compaq Presario CQ56-122NR Notebook running windows 7. I want to disable the caps lock notification that appears when I press the caps key on my LOGIN SCREEN when either the computer is locked or when first booting up. I'm not worried about the bubbles that pop up on the desk top when the num lock, caps lock...etc, buttons are pressed because I don't get those. I've read through the other threads and none of the solutions apply to this problem. When entering passwords for your computer, I believe, it's useful information to people within eyeshot of your screen to know that your password is typed with the caps lock on. I think it's stupid to blab that info to anyone who may want access to your computer with a description of how your password is entered. Not the end of the world, just one more thing to piece it together... Wincomm does not exist in my comp, the Hotkey toggle switch doesn't solve this, nor do any of the other suggestions. So I'm looking for a brand new solution to a new problem here from you guys who have way more smarts than I do. Also, if it's not possible (or even if it is) to disable this useless feature, I would like to know if any of you uber smart peeps could tell me how to replace the "CAPS LOCK IS ON" message with my own personal message, that would be great! Maybe it has something to do with editing the script but i have no idea how to get there or even where to start. So, in advance, I thank anyone of you who has any information on how to help me here. Please remember that previous solutions do not apply to this annoyance. I look forward to your new, unique response!!!
    =====================

I find your idea intriuging and started parsing my %systemroot%\system32 directory for the string and simultaneous searches for key words.  If my theory is correct and assuming you have't learned this is a  dead end, I'm becoming increasingly convinced the string is part of a dialog DLL or sys driver since both have message tables in human readable strings. I'm now assisting your cause out of my own curious desire and you are being actively assisted by a determined misantrhope armed with more than average knowledge.  I'm now one of your few high quality problems.

Are you comforable maneuvering a file system ( if haven't already enabled show all files in your Explorer.exe preferences then please do so and keep the fact you haven't until now just to yourself cause only pain is gained by openly admitting it)

I'm using ResourceHacker for its flexibility and reliably savfe way of handling compiled binaries, try it for yourself since you'll need it anyway to modify the string.

Of course, we must remain aware in can be used  for disopaly in multples files and finding one isn't a gurantee we found all of them.

Since the file will almost certainly be SFC guarded,  you have to circumvent Windows File Protection or could just say goodbye to your family and promise your kids you'll try to return by their wedding days since you will be slipstreaming the change into an installation instead of surgically inseminating.

If it is being displayed from a DLL or driver, there will liekly be a booleanflag to disable it.

BUT,   if it isn't deactivated and you still hate it,   get guerilla,-- we set the text and background to a identical monocromatics and just let it live, but it washes out and seems just as invisible as an awkward kid that attended his high school prom alone and stood by a plant in the corner.

\I've already cleaved up the keyboiard and mouse driverss and didnt find it,  can you pick it up from there and let us know if any of those lisetd drivers / dlls are keeping the string. I doubt it is pages deeper since that list on the right is chrono-sequential and it surely wouldn't be loaded after you logged on with the caps lock key.

If my rap is confusing, then grab one of your developers to help and start preparing to write the policy or whatever else it is you do when you aren't trying to surgically detattoo DLL's.

For now, I'm using native Windows file search abilties, Resource Hacker and Loadord.exe,  please obtain the same or equivalent if you haven't already done so and ashare more of your methods expelled thus far.

Refer to this screenshot, if you accomplished the feat ofdisabling that popup that seems to annoy trillions of users, they'd give you the key to the city, or at least the private washroom.

Microsoft is still verifying my identity despite hours sicne I've acce[ted their second email so just visit uploadpic.org link inthe revision note to view the illustration:

Friday, January 11, 2013 7:46 AM