none
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 (Vista 64 bit)

Question

• This mouse has never worked.  I got it new for the holidays so it is now too late to return it.  I've looked all over the internet and downloaded drivers and updated drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled and deleted and removed the USB port and allowed it to be redetected.  This mouse just doesn't work.  I'm going to run over it with my van.

To top it all off, the touchpad on this new laptop is also lame.  I'm extremely sorry that I bought a new computer with the Windows Vista 64 bit operating system on it because there is no help whatsoever.

Monday, January 12, 2009 12:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sandra,

Please understand that this forum mainly focuses on Windows Vista system questions, and we are not the best support resources for issues regarding Microsoft hardware products. To ensure that you will be best served, I would like to suggest that you post the question in our microsoft.public.mshardware.product newsgroup:

Discussions in microsoft.public.mshardware.product

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mshardware.product

Having said that, I would also like to share the following information for your reference:

Please note that you need to plug the Snap-in Receiver in to one of the USB port on your laptop. Then, the computer would recognize the device and install basic driver for it. The mouse should partially work (like general mouse) after that.

The correct software for the device can be downloaded from the following website. You may download and install it.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/DownloadResult.aspx?category=MK&type=Mouse&name=m_wmm3000&os=WVista_64&lang=en

Regarding the touchpad issue, did it start to occur after you receive the laptop, or it occurred recently? If it occurred when you got the computer, it is very likely a hardware issue. In order to correct this issue, please contact the laptop manufacture and they would help you to fix it.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:36 AM
  • Thank you Fernando.  I was able to fix the problem by buying a new wireless phone.  There was no documention that the wireless phone and the mouse used the same frequency.  I still ran the mouse over with my van and bought a bluetooth enabled mouse which works like a champ on my new netbook with XP Pro, and returned the blasted Vista 64-bit computer.  I'm currently working on my new Linux based system, so it's all good!

Thursday, December 03, 2009 11:42 PM
  • Having the same problem...

The first thing I did was install intellipoint drivers, and still it doesn't work.  Fear my problem may be the phone, too.

Problem is, sometimes it works, and stays connected with a low signal (even though right next to receiver), however the only button that does anything is the right click, which causes this weird pointer dance across the screen.

Any suggestions?
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 2:16 AM
  • Thank you Fernando.  I was able to fix the problem by buying a new wireless phone.  There was no documention that the wireless phone and the mouse used the same frequency.  I still ran the mouse over with my van and bought a bluetooth enabled mouse which works like a champ on my new netbook with XP Pro, and returned the blasted Vista 64-bit computer.  I'm currently working on my new Linux based system, so it's all good!

Haha! But, Sandra, it wasn't the mouses fault, poor thing. If I had a van I would run over the Vista 64 machine itself.

My Logitec optical mouse worked okay in my Vista 64 set up untll a few days ago. Then the OS started playing silly games and refused to recognise the mouse. I tried the Connect button on the recharge station but no good.  I eventually got it to work by disconnecting the station at the USB and then re-connecting. However, this morning, this dodge failed and the cursor stayed frozen so that I could not logon. 

I am not a whizz at PC stuff but I have built several machines, and I built and run a LAN (4 XP Pro, 1 MAC, and 1 dreaded Vista 64). The only machine which gives me any trouble is this Vista 64 PC.  It really is a dog!  I cannot even find a stable program for reading .pdf files. Foxit was okay for a while and then it began producing BSODs.  Acrobat Reader 9.2 caused BSODs when I attempted to install it.  I could go on....and on....and on! 

So I was interested to read that you had moved to Linux. I was thinking of that too.  Is it user-friendly? Or is there a very steep learning curve?

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 12:20 PM