none
[SOLVED] Default User/All User Customizations

Question

• I'm preparing an image and I'd like to pin some of the more frequently used applications to the Task Bar and Start Menu as we did with the Quick Launch bar in Windows XP.  I haven't found much on this but I believe this stored in:
    C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu
    C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

Assuming this is correct, if I want to apply that configuration to all users, would I
    (1) - Create C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu
    (2) - Create C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar
    (3) - Copy the files from the above location into the newly created 'Default User' folders

There are other things on the Start Menu & Task Bar I'd like to configure, like removing Windows Media Player & Explorer and adding Switch between Windows (Flip 3-D).  How do I go about setting this up?

Just seeking confirmation - has this been done before?

**** EDIT 5/28/2010:  See my reply and answer to myself below.

• Edited by JuliusPIV Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:58 PM
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:12 AM

Answers

All replies