none
How to fix sfc /scannow has found corrupt files but unable to fix.

Question

• I have this problem with my Windows Vista 64 bit on my old computer and also on my new computer with Windows 7 64 bit. I just bought a new Intel SSD, and it fails the complete data integrity scan in the Intel Toolkit 1.3. Why does the Windows operating system cause these corrupt files? It seems like I spend most of my time trying to correct the corrupt files. I really hate Windows, and I am considering shitcanning my Windows systems and going to Apple. I've heard Apple doesn't have these problems.

Any way can someone tell me how to stop the corruption?

I run sfc /scannow and says corrupt files found but unable to correct. I do this several times and then do a chkdsk /f.

Sometimes this corrects problem and it comes right back just sitting idle.

These are both authenticated copies of Vista 64 on one and Win 7 64 bit on my new computer.

I have even had to do fresh copies reinstallation on my Win 7 computer. I've also done just "Repair" startup several times.

Corrupt files soon come back.

How can I fix this?

Saturday, April 17, 2010 2:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

After running SFC/Scannow, please also run the following command.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >C:\sfcdetails.txt

Now, you will find out what system files have been damaged and cannot be fixed in C:\sfcdetails.txt. You may manually replace the corrupted system files.

For more information, please refer to the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928228

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Monday, April 19, 2010 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

After running SFC/Scannow, please also run the following command.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >C:\sfcdetails.txt

Now, you will find out what system files have been damaged and cannot be fixed in C:\sfcdetails.txt. You may manually replace the corrupted system files.

For more information, please refer to the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928228

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Monday, April 19, 2010 8:04 AM
  • Tried all of that stuff including replacing the files manualy....which worked no problems.....ran sfc again....same files are bad cannot be fixed.......duh...
    Monday, December 02, 2013 4:08 PM