none
internet

Question

• I keep getting {object error} when going to a web page. Will not clear and give me the web page.

How can I correct this?

Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Vickie...I recently worked on this issue, and it turned out to be an IE add-on...check your "addons" and look for an entry called "unfriend checker" and also look for "privacy safeguard" (a Chrome addon), and disable one or both of these addons. Might also want to check in your add-remove programs list for either of these entries also and uninstall them. This fixed the same issue you are having for me. I no longer get the "object error" popup. Hope this helps you.

Bye...Tom 

Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Vickie...I recently worked on this issue, and it turned out to be an IE add-on...check your "addons" and look for an entry called "unfriend checker" and also look for "privacy safeguard" (a Chrome addon), and disable one or both of these addons. Might also want to check in your add-remove programs list for either of these entries also and uninstall them. This fixed the same issue you are having for me. I no longer get the "object error" popup. Hope this helps you.

Bye...Tom 

Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:12 PM
  • Hi,

Please refer to tmward55’s reply and check the result.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 28, 2013 3:10 AM