none
Windows Vista freezes on login screen

Question

• Windows Vista on my son's laptop is freezing on the login screen- basically between clicking onthe username and putting in the password.  Safe mode makes no difference.  How can I troubleshoot if I can't log in?  There are files he needs for school that have to be printed TODAY- and they are ON that laptop. Please help!!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 7:50 PM

All replies

• I won't be able to help but try asking on Yahoo answers. http://answers.yahoo.com/
    I had a problem on my PC with my course work but i had to reinstall windows for it to work.
    Good Luck and i'm sorry that i can't help.
    Thursday, December 06, 2007 4:52 PM
  •  

That happenedto me also, I called my computer manufactuer and they told  me that I had unstall everything and the reinstall the software.  which I did and it took me several hours to reinstall the software.  I did not have my files backed up which they are now.  However, what I probably should have done before I even called my computer manufacuter and given myself a lot of extra work is removed the battery pack first for ten seconds to see if it worked.  If this happens again I will.

Hope this is helpful. 

Monday, September 15, 2008 10:39 PM
  • I have had this problem on and off for a year.

The only solution I have discovered that works well is turn the on screen key board function (select the ease of access button).

Then with the Mouse click on the num lock key on the screen; this will reactivate the real keyboard keys.

Hope this works for you.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 2:31 AM