none
Windows 7 opens IE and others in a small window

Question

• Whenever I open IE v8 or Outlook, I want the open program to have a normal full size window.  Windows 7 does not allow this to happen.  I used to drg the windows to size I like, hold the shift key down, then close the window nd it would keep that size in memory.  Windows 7 does not allow this either.  This is the only thing I do not like about windows 7 so I hope someone out there can assist me.  Thanks in advance.
    Willy Wonka loves where I live
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Thursday, November 05, 2009 2:37 AM Moved to relevant category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 2:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Bobbyinpa,

Did you try to resize the window manually and press Ctrl key to close the window?

Hope it helps.  
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Friday, November 27, 2009 3:18 AM
    Friday, November 06, 2009 3:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Bobbyinpa,

Did you try to resize the window manually and press Ctrl key to close the window?

Hope it helps.  
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Friday, November 27, 2009 3:18 AM
    Friday, November 06, 2009 3:03 AM
  • Ctrl key doesn't work for IE8 in W7.

I found a post, I forget where, that solved the problem until Microsoft corrects the bug.  You can size the window any way you want EXCEPT, the bottom CAN'T touch the Task bar.  This bug drove me nuts for two weeks.

So size the window as you wish, being careful to avoid touching the Task Bar, then click the Maximize button, then click the Minimize button and it should return to the size you set.  Click the red X to close and you should be good to go from then on.
    • Proposed as answer by TopHandCowboy Sunday, December 06, 2009 1:13 AM
    Sunday, December 06, 2009 1:08 AM