none
run wizard setup problem

Question

• hi dear adviser,

i have a problem with setup wizards in my win xp. when i run a setup a program or some other forms like that (e.g New Connection Wizard), steps go to the next round automatically without any manipulation. i'll be thankful if u  help me.

regards M.Afshar

Saturday, July 02, 2011 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi M.Afshar,

You may have a problem with your keyboard or mouse, or you may have a virus.  Is it a laptop computer?

Saturday, July 02, 2011 7:22 AM
  • thanks for your attention,

no it's a desktop pc, and i'm sure that it's not a problem with my keyboard or mouse, because i have the same problem with my office pc. i think it's a virus, but question is that which virus? and how can i solve the problem? how can i remove that virus?

Saturday, July 02, 2011 8:08 AM
  • You can download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner, here:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Please post back if you have any problems with this tool.

Saturday, July 02, 2011 8:13 AM
  • i've installed the program but its virus and spyware definition update could not be completed. what should i do now?
    Saturday, July 02, 2011 9:03 AM
  • Restart the computer in "Safe Mode with Networking", and run the program update again.  To do this, press F8 before Windows starts up, to get to the Boot Options menu.
    Saturday, July 02, 2011 9:08 AM
  • many rouge programs actively block security tools.

its getting more difficult

Windows MVP, paid Remote Assistance is available for XP, Vista and Windows 7.

My page on Video Card Problems is now my most popular landing page. See my gaming site for game reviews etc.

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Saturday, July 02, 2011 12:46 PM
  • Hi VF.  I'm recommending this Safety Scanner, but I can't even get it to run myself.  I keep getting a "side-by-side" error when I try to install it.  I had this on my previous 32 bit Win7, and now again on my 64bit Win7.  This is very frustrating.  Any ideas?

I have posted this problem to the proper forum, but it's the weekend, so no-body home.

Saturday, July 02, 2011 3:55 PM
  • If you believe its a virus you can use a LIVE cd to scan. Avasti and ubuntu are a great combination that can be run from a CD/DVD or a flash drive see here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14434/scan-a-windows-pc-for-viruses-from-a-ubuntu-live-cd/

Saturday, July 02, 2011 6:12 PM