none
Unable to connect the laptop to WiFi but other devices are connecting fine!

Question

• When I try to connect to my router as belkin.e63, it says connected but on the top it say No Internet access to belkin.e63 2. (Can share a screenshot)

I can connect to wifi on my phone and ipod too. Its only the laptop I am facing the connectivity issues. 

Error :: the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken

I have already tried :

-Disabling IPv6

-Release/ renew ip (gives me Media Disconnected)

-Reset Winsock

-msconfig(disabling startup items)

-System Restore (worked couple of times)

-uninstall/ reinstall wireless driver(Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6230)

Please advise.

Ramya Dwarapu

Friday, February 14, 2014 4:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• What is the exact make, model, and series of you laptop?

It is a fact that there are some combinations of wireless chips trying to connect to wireless routers that will not work.  It is an incompatibility between the wireless chip and the wireless router.

Do you have connection problems with any other wireless routers?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, February 14, 2014 5:44 PM
  • It was working fine for a year and a half and started acting up suddenly. 

I have Samsumg NP-RV509 and I never tried connecting my laptop to another wireless router.

Thanks Rick!

Saturday, February 15, 2014 2:30 AM
  • Are there other wireless access points in the area that might be interfering?

Have you tried changing the wireless channel in the router?

Most likely this entirely a hardware problem or hardware configuration.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, February 15, 2014 12:41 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with Rick Dee.

Many network connection problems are caused by hardware that isn't set up properly. Here's some information about how to check your cables, check or reset your modem, and check for problems with your network adapter.

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-7&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab4&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Please note "step 2"

If it is a hardware issue, we can do nothing from Windows side because it is not an issue in Windows 7. If possible, you may consider to buy another one.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 17, 2014 5:16 AM