none
How can I reschedule my disc Defragmenter?

Question

• Someone has accessed my computer and turned off my Defragmenter and Disc analyzer and other things like this, I think I've been conned as they told me they were from you Technical Support associated with Windows 7. I didn't know any better and thought they were telling me the truth. They are called Piriform and conned me into a 2 year subscription, but now I can't scheduler Disc cleanup, Defrag or Disc Analyzer. Can you help me please?
    • Moved by Doug NealMicrosoft employee Friday, September 16, 2011 1:32 AM Not Related To MBSA (From:MBSA - Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer)
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to know what error message you received when trying to run Disk Cleanup, Defrag or Disc Analyzer.

Please ensure disk Defrag service is running.

Check service

---------------------

1. Click Start, type Services.msc in Start Search bar, and then press Enter.

2. In the right pane, double-click Disk Defragmenter.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, click Apply, click Start, and then click OK.

Based on my research, Piriform is a privately owned software house based in the West End of London, UK. It develops software for the Microsoft Windows operating system. Its projects include CCleaner, Recuva, Defraggler, and Speccy. I suspect you installed one of them.

Please understand these software contains disk cleanup, Defrag or Disk Analyzer which replaced Windows disk features. You can uninstall the software to resume the features in Windows or you can run Disc cleanup, Defrag or Disc Analyzer in Safe Mode.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 9:38 AM