none
Installation of .NET Framework 1.1 doesn't work

Question

• I have a problem installing ".NET Framework 1.1" on XP SP3.

The setup hangs on registering System.EnterpriseServices.dll => MSI log: CA_ComregEnterpriseServices.3643236F_FC70_11D3_A536_0090278A1BB8. Registering System.EnterpriseServices.dll

I have already tested all possible workarounds on http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/01/08/510677.aspx

The setup runs on XP SP2 without any problems. The setup of .NET Framwork 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 runs on XP SP3 without a problem. Just .NET Framework 1.1 installation hangs. Anybody idea?? I'm desperate! THX.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 3:18 PM

All replies

• Anybodoy a idea? I am desperate! THX

Friday, July 11, 2008 11:31 AM
  • How about:

1. Uninstall SP3
    2. Install .NET Framework 1.1
    3. Reinstall SP3

?

Friday, July 11, 2008 11:58 AM
  • Hi Alan B,

thank you, but that is not a solution for a new client installation, because the new client installations have SP3 already integrated.

Any other idea?

Thanks a lot.

Friday, July 11, 2008 12:52 PM
  •  bblum wrote:
    The setup runs on XP SP2 without any problems.

How do you know this if you are now telling us it cannot be done?

I don't know what you mean by "new client installation".  AFAIK there is as yet no means of installing Windows XP SP3 unless you slipstream SP3 and judging by the number of post here, lots of people attempting this run into problems. 

Friday, July 11, 2008 1:20 PM
  • I mean: The setup of .NET Framework 1.1 on a client with SP2 works. The setup does not work on a new (not updated) client with SP3 (original CD from Microsoft with SP3 integrated).

Do you know? Sorry for my bad english or confusing!

Friday, July 11, 2008 1:55 PM
  •  bblum wrote:

I mean: The setup of .NET Framework 1.1 on a client with SP2 works. The setup does not work on a new (not updated) client with SP3 (original CD from Microsoft with SP3 integrated).

Do you know? Sorry for my bad english or confusing!

Perhaps I'm easily confused?  I had not been aware that CDs of Windows XP with SP3 integrated were on sale (but I see that my normal supplier now stocks them).  I suspect that not many people have one.  Which version of XP is it?

Friday, July 11, 2008 9:56 PM
  • It is the Professional version !

Saturday, July 12, 2008 7:13 AM
  • Hey

There was a problem with Sp3 and dot net 1.1. Have to ask your not using nlte are you. Some times causes problems. (have to ask). Are you creating your own image of Xp for networking installation or disk/cd?

Pre -sp3 install

To ensure a reliable install from sp2 to sp3. Easier to have the windows scripting host 5.7 installed.

Also Windows installer 4.5

The fix.

Post Sp3 install, simply running the 1.1 Sp1 should solve your problem. There was a debugger attacked to the Sp3 installer and  causes problems. That you are experiencing.

Post Sp3 install

then add the dot net 2.0, 2.0 sp1, 3.0, 3.0 sp1 then finally 3.5.

Remember 3.5 has some fixes that were problems in the earlier versions of dot net.

Hopefully this fixes your problem

Keith

Friday, July 25, 2008 2:10 AM