none
No drivers for Conexant AC-Link Audio

Question

• I installed Windows 7 RC on my "HP dv5030us" Notetbook PC. I want to know if this uses Windows 7 instead of Windows XP, but I can't seem to get the audio to work which is a must. When I Installed Windows 7,  it tells me there are no drivers for "Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver" and can't seem to find the driver. The only troubleshooting I have done is to  use  Windows PC and the manufacturers web site that made the computer. I even searched on the web but have had no luck. Do you have any suggestions?  Please help me out!

Device Manager Info:

Multimedia Audio Controller Properties

General Tab

Device Type: Other devices
    Manufaturer: Unknows PCI bus 0,device 20, function 5

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

Monday, October 12, 2009 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    Conexant High Definition Audio Driver here

We were looking for solution on this prolem and this driver was reported as working by one of the users from HP support forum under Win7 beta so it should work for You too.

If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

If Your problem is solved please mark then Your thread is with solution.

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, October 19, 2009 10:46 AM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:38 AM
  • Hello TJBuss,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:53 AM

All replies

• This is the most ridiculous example of OEM re-branding ever. Seems that HP , who claims to be the manufacturer of this machine, bought the chipset from ALi, AKA Acer Labs, Inc. and to prevent any Acer (a competitor in the laptop market) branding, had Conexant license the part so they could then buy it from them.

I would search for the vista equivalent, and it may take some time due to the rebranding.

Check out this thread http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=23427&hl=conexant   You may need to register, but i think you may be able to download the driver there. Worth a shot!

Hope this helps!
    Monday, October 12, 2009 7:09 PM
  • For Windows 32-bit you can try the Vista driver @ http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-51317-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1832444&os=2093&lang=en

For 64-bit Windows there is a Vista driver @ http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=ob-47663-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

If neither of the above work, then you will have to contact HP about a Win 7 driver.
    • Proposed as answer by Rick Dee Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:10 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2009 10:13 PM
  • This is the most ridiculous example of OEM re-branding ever. Seems that HP , who claims to be the manufacturer of this machine, bought the chipset from ALi, AKA Acer Labs, Inc. and to prevent any Acer (a competitor in the laptop market) branding, had Conexant license the part so they could then buy it from them.

I would search for the vista equivalent, and it may take some time due to the rebranding.

Check out this thread http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=23427&hl=conexant   You may need to register, but i think you may be able to download the driver there. Worth a shot!

Hope this helps!

Dell also uses the Conexant Audio Link chip set and there are probably others too.  Conexant only supplies their drivers to OEM vendors.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 10:16 PM
  • Hello TJBuss,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:53 AM
  • Hi,
    Conexant High Definition Audio Driver here

We were looking for solution on this prolem and this driver was reported as working by one of the users from HP support forum under Win7 beta so it should work for You too.

If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:38 AM
  • I cannot get this driver to work?
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:24 PM
  • Run it in compatibility mode. How to do it all informations here .

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:33 AM
  • The original windows XP drivers will work. They did for my Pavilion ze4805US which is much older than yours.

If your orginal driver CD has only self extracting driver files, then instead of executing the setup file from the original driver CD, extract the setup exe file with a tool like winrar to a folder in your hard drive.

If your driver CD has a folder called 'audio', then it means the exe file is already extracted within.

Now open the device manager in windows 7. Next right click on multimedia controller and choose to update driver by searching for it. Point the location of the driver to your driver CD or the extracted folder in your hard drive and leave the option box "check in sub folders' as selected.

Your audio driver should now install.

While playing video if windows 7 crashes, then try disabling the audio part of the modem driver. Even if that does not work then disable modem permanently.

Hope this works.

Good luck

Kannan (Chennai, India)
    Monday, November 02, 2009 3:56 AM