none
XPMUser

Question

• I've downloaded the xp mode for windows 7, but can't install. It wants the XPMUser password. I've tried enterining XPMUser, doesn't work. I've tried to download the integretion features so I could turn off that button. Unsuccessful. Can't get past that screen. What can I try?
    Friday, November 19, 2010 3:19 PM

Answers

• When I installed XP Mode I was asked for a password the first time I started it, but I don't remember exactly what that looked like since I installed it over 1 year ago.

You should have been asked to create a password the first time you started the XP Mode.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 5:35 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the post!

When you install the XP Mode, it will prompt a window which requires you create the password for the XP mode.

You can check the steps here: http://www.nirmaltv.com/2009/05/08/how-to-install-and-configure-xp-mode-in-windows-7/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 8:03 AM

All replies

• When I installed XP Mode I was asked for a password the first time I started it, but I don't remember exactly what that looked like since I installed it over 1 year ago.

You should have been asked to create a password the first time you started the XP Mode.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 5:35 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the post!

When you install the XP Mode, it will prompt a window which requires you create the password for the XP mode.

You can check the steps here: http://www.nirmaltv.com/2009/05/08/how-to-install-and-configure-xp-mode-in-windows-7/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 8:03 AM